Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

2007 GT or GT/CS?

Old 07-29-2007, 10:40 PM
VictoriaRR
4th Gear Member

Default 2007 GT or GT/CS?

Hello, everyone. I'm Victoria and this is my first post on the 4.6 board. I currently drive a 2006 4.0 Mustang with the Pony Package and a few personal mods. I'm looking to upgrade into a V8. Last week, I was at the dealership and was quoted some good deals on both a 2007 Redfire GT/CS ($27,845) and a 2007 Tungsten Grey GT ($25,750). At the time I had to pass because I'm 22, have no credit,and couldn't get a co-signer for the loan from the bank, but my father told me today that he'd reconsider if I could get him some decent insurance quotes (his insurance would put me at $225 from the $150 they charge on my V6) and a"really good deal" on the car. So I'm looking into insurance quotes online at the moment. My question...

If the stars align and everything falls into place, I'm still undecided as to whether to go with a GT or a GT/CS. I'm planning to move out to California from Texas in the next year or two, so the GT/CS would be nice in that case. However, I know the '07 GT/CS is limited in color choices, whereas with the GT I could get any color except for Alloy (my first choice, but the dealer couldn't find ANY within 500 miles). The Tungsten GT he offered sounded nice... the interior was similar to mine with dark charcoal leather. I love Tungsten, and I might go that route because it's cheaper, but what would you guys suggest? Many thanks!

Victoria

Edit: And while we're on the subject, can anyone tell me which insurance would be decent for a GT? I once heard that to Progressive a Mustang was a Mustang and that a GT wasn't that much more to insure than a V6.
Old 07-29-2007, 10:50 PM
gray07gt
1st Gear Member

Default RE: 2007 GT or GT/CS?

i vote tungsten only because thats what i have. plus the $2000 you save, you can do a few personal mods.
Old 07-29-2007, 10:57 PM
05gtdriver
5th Gear Member

Well, you know what my choice would be. Why not try Mercury Insurance(I live near downtown L.A. and have two points on my lic.-damn speed traps!) and I pay $269 every two months($134.50/mo), it helps I'm nearly 42(can only imagine what a 20something with two points would be charged!). The GT/CS is pretty sweet(two-tone interior, integrated front chin spoiler, rear diffuser style rear bumper & 18" Bullitt wheels). My GT(Premium) is pretty loaded(18" Bullitts, side air bags, active alarm, IUP) and I got it for $26,400 last Labor Day during the 0% financing special. I say Tungsten because '07 is the last year of the color. Good luck to you, get back to us if the stars align
Old 07-29-2007, 11:00 PM
FastLane034
3rd Gear Member

V6 to V8 GT (I've had both, 06 v6 to 07 GT just like you're considering) and it was like.... 55 more? That's nothing for endless ear to ear smiles and powerslides around corners and the roaring V8. I would look for an 05 GT for a good deal right now, you can get one for 18-20k.... I traded my 06 V6 in for 19k so it could come out somewhat even. Find an 05 GT on the lot with like 20k miles and start negotiating. More than likely the dealer will have wanted to get rid of the 05 for 08 models space and give you a good deal. Just my opinion, good luck, soon welcome to the V8 Family!
Old 07-29-2007, 11:00 PM
classj
4th Gear Member

Hi! First off. If you are considering a 2007 at this point just be aware that they are all technically left overs and should be discounted pretty heavily (at least a few thousand below sticker if not more)in addition to the 0% financing or 1500 rebate. If not, you are better off getting a nice 2008 exactly as you want it since they are starting to hit the lots.

As far as the GT/CS. It comes down to whether you like the look of the front andrear bumpers and stripes. I believe all the other options (scoops, wheels, etc) can be had on a normal GT. With the possible exception of some of the two tone interiors, not sure.

It is a nice look but I actually like the stock rear bumper better with the ford accessory exhaust tips or the exhaust of your choice. Front bumper is cool, but nothing really to write home about IMO. And it is only a few hundred dollar part plus painting and install if you ever wanted to change it.

Either way it is trimmed out, it is a sweet car.

I have geico. On my parents policy here in NJI pay 1750 a year, no tickets or accidents, 24 year old guy.
Old 07-29-2007, 11:06 PM
Maverick9110E
2nd Gear Member

i just got a quote for an 07 mustang GT from progressive for 160 a month with a lot of coverage, and im 21 and in jersey and insurance sucks here. i hightly reccomend checking them out. just do a fee online quote at progressive.com

definitley dont settle either, your going to be paying a decent amount so make sure its what you want. you could order and 08 now and it should be here in about 7 weeks from what i hear.

Good luck with everything though!
Old 07-29-2007, 11:37 PM
VictoriaRR
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Maverick9110E

i just got a quote for an 07 mustang GT from progressive for 160 a month with a lot of coverage, and im 21 and in jersey and insurance sucks here. i hightly reccomend checking them out. just do a fee online quote at progressive.com

definitley dont settle either, your going to be paying a decent amount so make sure its what you want. you could order and 08 now and it should be here in about 7 weeks from what i hear.

Hi there and thanks. I looked into it and they want to run a credit check. I don't want to do that because when I go for my loan my credit will be worse with an inquiry from Progressive. So I'm trying to find ways to get quotes without doing that. It seems like no one really does that, which kinda bites because I'm shopping around for quotes, and if everyone runs a credit check then that doesn't help my credit any.
Old 07-30-2007, 12:07 AM
WhiteStallion06
4th Gear Member

The GT/CS with be worth more in the long run because its a "limited edition" .... but if you dont plan on keeping the car 30 years ... think about what your paying that extra money for ... a different front a rear .... and some side scoops and a funny looking sticker on the side. Id go for the tungsten a very classy color but the GT/CS are very cool cars as well.

This is the best time a year to buy a car i got mine right when the 07s came on the lot about 11 months ago ... and got a great deal on my 06
Old 07-30-2007, 12:34 AM
Mikes_BLK_GT
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: VictoriaRR

ORIGINAL: Maverick9110E

Hi there and thanks. I looked into it and they want to run a credit check. I don't want to do that because when I go for my loan my credit will be worse with an inquiry from Progressive. So I'm trying to find ways to get quotes without doing that. It seems like no one really does that, which kinda bites because I'm shopping around for quotes, and if everyone runs a credit check then that doesn't help my credit any.
Thats not necessarily true, those inquiries typically disappear after 2 years and having a few isnt bad......having alot is, so unless you have a lot of credit you should be ok. Unfortunately credit checks are becoming the norm when it comes to insurance I had to for my homeowner policy.
Old 07-30-2007, 12:41 AM
zep06
2nd Gear Member

i cannot tell a lie, GT/CS's are pretty baller

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2007 GT or GT/CS?