Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Too lean.

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2007, 06:56 PM
white07
4th Gear Member

Default Too lean.

When I was trying to clear my CELs with my tuner it told me that 2 of the CELs were b/c I was running too lean. What shoudl I do in order to correct this?
Old 07-31-2007, 07:07 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

Default RE: Too lean.

too lean is too generic.....it will say that because you have an o/r pipe and headers.....what was the actual code.....
Old 07-31-2007, 07:11 PM
white07
4th Gear Member

P0171 Sys Too Lean 1
P0174 Sys Too Lean 2

What happened was I had my tuner tuned for all of my bolt ons but when my car wouldnt start with the charge motion delete plates and TB we just took those parts off and we threw the stock tune back on. So im running the stock tune with CAI, LTs, o/r x-pipe.
Old 07-31-2007, 07:15 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

You have lost your ****ing mind my friend.

ORIGINAL: white07

So im running the stock tune with CAI, LTs, o/r x-pipe.
Old 07-31-2007, 07:20 PM
slySTANGguy
2nd Gear Member

If you CAI has a larger MAF housing, like a C&L or JLT or one of them, then that is why you are running too lean. With the stock tune you should either have a K&N or stock airbox and plumbing.
Old 07-31-2007, 07:27 PM
white07
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: moosestang

well I depend on my car to get to and from work and the cmcv arent working on my car. Ill try installing the Tb and installing the tune but it wouldnt start before like that.
Old 07-31-2007, 07:35 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

You never want to run the CAI without a tune!!! the 2 codes are because you have an O/R pipe....the tune would shut those readings off. You really are running lean because of those codes....you are however running with a bomb with that CAI and no tune.....take the CAI now....and you really shouldnt run the LTs and o/r pipe with out the tune but you would hurt anything bad.

Moose is right...you do not seem to have a clue to what you are doing right now with the risk you are taking....
Old 07-31-2007, 07:55 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

I depend on my car to get to work as well. I would have thought somewhere along the way you would have picked up on the fact that you can't use a CAI without a tune. Not to mention the long tubes and lack of cats. All of these things require retuning the engine.

I seriously doubt the TB and delete plates caused the car not to start (unless you forgot to hook something up). It was the tune that caused it not to start. Where did you order the tune from?

well I depend on my car to get to and from work and the cmcv arent working on my car. Ill try installing the Tb and installing the tune but it wouldnt start before like that.
Old 07-31-2007, 08:08 PM
white07
4th Gear Member

I depend on my car to get to work as well. I would have thought somewhere along the way you would have picked up on the fact that you can't use a CAI without a tune. Not to mention the long tubes and lack of cats. All of these things require retuning the engine.

I seriously doubt the TB and delete plates caused the car not to start (unless you forgot to hook something up). It was the tune that caused it not to start. Where did you order the tune from?

I got the tune from B@m@chips. Everything was hooked up I checked it once and checked it twice. Im going to get a tune via email tomorrow for the parts that are on right now.
Old 07-31-2007, 08:16 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

ok, all is forgiven

i hope it starts and runs perfectly right from the git go

I got the tune from B@m@chips. Everything was hooked up I checked it once and checked it twice. Im going to get a tune via email tomorrow for the parts that are on right now.

Quick Reply: Too lean.