Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Can Someone PLEASE help me?

Old 08-02-2007, 10:37 AM
Blacksmoke
The Paranoid One

Default Can Someone PLEASE help me?

After disconnecting my battery and trying to put it back I came across these two triangle pieces of metal that form a square that goes below a nut to hold it in place. It is located beside the battery cable connection on the positive cable (red cover). The other sode does not have this extra screw.

When I try to screw the nut down it is forcing the two apart so they wont stay together.
I have tried putting a screwdriver to hold the pieces in place when I screw the nut down but when I tighten they are forced apart eventually.

What do I need to do?
Is this piece needed or can I toss it?

I can tell it holds the nut to the proper height but I dont know if it is nessasary.
I can tighten it enough so they are out of place and it holds... but the metal of the square formed touches the metal on the battery cable.

I had it like this and when I drove to work the radio started to scan on its own for a minute.. which worried me.
Also I am worried it might eventually work loose and the nut will come loose and I'll be in trouble.
What do I need to do or how can I get it to fit and stay as I screw down?
Old 08-02-2007, 02:14 PM
2cokeman
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Can Someone PLEASE help me?

[sm=ttiwwp.gif]
Old 08-02-2007, 04:47 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 2cokeman

[sm=ttiwwp.gif]
I'm afraid he's right because I have no idea what you are talking about. Did you completely remove the battery?
Old 08-02-2007, 04:57 PM
Eleanor06
3rd Gear Member

Keep them!! They are designed to slide when you tighten them so the clamp CLAMPS the terminal.
Old 08-02-2007, 06:34 PM
22kart22
4th Gear Member

+1.

Search this Thread