Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

NON INTERCOOLED WHIPPLE

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2011, 07:32 PM
Simon1
5th Gear Member

It's much cheaper for you to buy the HOP kit now. You can always put an 8psi pulley on it and have it run lower numbers.

But really, even the HO kit is very safe. It's rare to see guys pop their motors at the power level of the HO kit. Very safe and easy to install.
Old 06-22-2011, 09:16 PM
Mikes_BLK_GT
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Simon1
It's much cheaper for you to buy the HOP kit now. You can always put an 8psi pulley on it and have it run lower numbers.

But really, even the HO kit is very safe. It's rare to see guys pop their motors at the power level of the HO kit. Very safe and easy to install.
Don't know about the whipple install or how safe the HO kit is but I fully agree with the rest of that statement. Roush runs a 10psi pulley on the TVS phase 2 kits for the stock motor I wouldn't go much above 10psi but you should be just fine with the whipple HO kit. I like the Roush kits because I was able to get an intercooled SC for less than 5700 including the email tune. Now if I want to up the boost I only have to change the tune, fuel system and pulley.
Old 02-05-2012, 02:30 PM
Pacha

Hello togheter its me again:-)
I'm still thinking on putting an SC on my mustang. As you know I wanted an Non-intercooled one because of the installation and for an easy rebuild. I live in Switzerland and we have to get our cars checked by the car traffic departement every 2-3 years. So whats the problem?The problem is, that we are not allowed to put performance parts on our cars without having a certification that the car can handle that power. The costs of such a certification is about 10'000 up to 15'000 USD plus SC. If I install a Intercooled with fuelpump and intercooler it's the hell to always remove it an put it back in. An non-intercooled is easier I think.
Old 02-06-2012, 11:46 AM
Diabolical!
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by danzcool
Just because you have the intercooler doesn't mean you have to run 12LBS boost/450RWHP.
That's right. You can run 12psi and 500rwhp if you want to.
Old 02-06-2012, 11:49 AM
Diabolical!
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Pacha
Hello togheter its me again:-)
I'm still thinking on putting an SC on my mustang. As you know I wanted an Non-intercooled one because of the installation and for an easy rebuild. I live in Switzerland and we have to get our cars checked by the car traffic departement every 2-3 years. So whats the problem?The problem is, that we are not allowed to put performance parts on our cars without having a certification that the car can handle that power. The costs of such a certification is about 10'000 up to 15'000 USD plus SC. If I install a Intercooled with fuelpump and intercooler it's the hell to always remove it an put it back in. An non-intercooled is easier I think.
In that case, get the non-intercooled. Installing a whipple HO is easily a 2 day job for a novice. I wouldn't want to have to do it every couple of years.