Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

agh people can be so stupid

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2007, 11:35 PM
Puddle356
1st Gear Member

Default agh people can be so stupid

So I was driving in to work today. On the road that goes around the parking lot this guy in a big cargo van in front of me just stops, I pull to a stop behind him thinking what the heck man, go. Then bam, reverse lights pop on and I'm like oh ****. Flip it into reverse and then its too late, he backed right into my front right. There's no reason he shouldn't have seen me, I was behind him the whole way in to the place. And really, if you aren't sure about someone being behind you, you should not just back up, on a busy road. My headlight got pushed in, it snapped the connectors for it, bent the bumper in and bent the metal on the fender. also I believe some metal rod fell out from the front, at least it souded like it, so I grabbed it. I can get a pic up tomorrow, but man I am so pissed.
Old 08-10-2007, 11:46 PM
aschultz91
1st Gear Member

Default RE: agh people can be so stupid

damn that guy must have been a real dumbass.. i wish you the best of luck with your repairs
Old 08-11-2007, 12:18 AM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

yeah, sorry it happened also

hope ya get her fixed up real soon

Old 08-11-2007, 12:25 AM
Texotic
5th Gear Member

i'm assuming he's paying for the repairs...
Old 08-11-2007, 12:30 AM
Puddle356
1st Gear Member

well, I live in a no-fault state. unless he was drinking, had no liscense etc, its no fault
Old 08-11-2007, 12:32 AM
Texotic
5th Gear Member

WHAT?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!!?!?! there are states that have "no fault"????? how the hell does that work? he effed up your car and you have to fix it??? that's a load of BS right there... where do you live? i wanna make sure to never drive through there.
Old 08-11-2007, 02:58 AM
justiniida
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Texotic

WHAT?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!!?!?! there are states that have "no fault"????? how the hell does that work? he effed up your car and you have to fix it??? that's a load of BS right there... where do you live? i wanna make sure to never drive through there.
I don't want to drive threw there either. let me know where that is lol
Old 08-11-2007, 03:35 AM
lqdslvr
1st Gear Member

No fault doesn't mean you have to pay, it means that all of the insurance companies cover there own. If he doesn't have insurance, then you or your carrier can go after him, but if you both have the required coverages, then your insurance company fixes yours and his company fixes his, regardless of fault. Cuts down on lawsuits and still results in everyone getting there car fixed.
Old 08-11-2007, 04:11 AM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

There are some really stupid drivers out there. A LOT of people don't even look back when they are backing up.

I had to come to a complete stop on a busy 4 lane road because some old lady in a full size pickup truck didn't want to go to fastup the LITTLE bump when she was making a right into a doctors office. I made quite the statement going around her. I don't care if there's a bump or not, you do not block traffic.
Old 08-11-2007, 04:55 AM
Diabolical!
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Puddle356

well, I live in a no-fault state. unless he was drinking, had no liscense etc, its no fault
Jesus Christ man! That's not what no fault means. He is still responsible for your damages!

Quick Reply: agh people can be so stupid