Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

2000 To Spend

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2007, 11:45 PM
ccpoole

Default 2000 To Spend

Ok so heres the deal. I will be having a baby in less than 2 weeks. Once its born I will have a hard time to get parts for my car because the majority of what I usually spend will be going towards the baby. I decided to bring this up to my wife and she said that I could spend $2000 of the money we have saved up on car parts.

Now I am racki ng my brain on what to get. you can see my sig for what I already have. I really want to do some visual mods like a hood, different spoiler, side skirts, and grille. But then again I also want to make it quicker. But I don't think 2000 will help much with making it much faster with the mods I already have.

So what would you all do with 2000 dollars to your cars? I would always choose go over show. But like I said 2000 just doesnt seem like much to help me gain any significant numbers. Give me some ideas.

Old 08-17-2007, 12:37 AM
Stang_Heritage07
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: 2000 To Spend

ORIGINAL: ccpoole

Ok so heres the deal. I will be having a baby in less than 2 weeks. Once its born I will have a hard time to get parts for my car because the majority of what I usually spend will be going towards the baby. I decided to bring this up to my wife and she said that I could spend $2000 of the money we have saved up on car parts.

Now I am racki ng my brain on what to get. you can see my sig for what I already have. I really want to do some visual mods like a hood, different spoiler, side skirts, and grille. But then again I also want to make it quicker. But I don't think 2000 will help much with making it much faster with the mods I already have.

So what would you all do with 2000 dollars to your cars? I would always choose go over show. But like I said 2000 just doesnt seem like much to help me gain any significant numbers. Give me some ideas.

Even as much as you may love the 2000 for the stang to spend on...I think you should keep the money for the baby, your wife will be both surprised and happy. The more money saved up for a baby, the better because you will be dropping a bunch of cash on he or she.
Maybe throw it in a high interest savings account like ING for future education?
Old 08-17-2007, 12:37 AM
white07
4th Gear Member

Well ill say this. if you got a baby coming personally I would save the money b/c you never know when you need it and a family is more important than a car. Also with your mods your car I would say it pretty fast.

Also I will say that if you get a new hood, side skirts, or front fascia you could possibly sell your oem parts and make some money back.

Also (lol) I would watch the classifieds and see if you cant pick up a TB, CMCV delete plates, U/D pulleys, shifter or even exterior mods for sale cheaper than usual. I wouldnt spend the money all at once I would keep it for a while and wait for deals so I could get the max amount of parts with the money.

P.S. I have a full bolt on car w/ MT DRs for 1800 bucks. It can be done.

Totally agree with ^^^^^^^that guy.
Old 08-17-2007, 12:38 AM
sactown
4th Gear Member

Save the cash. If this is your first you are going to need it.
Old 08-17-2007, 12:39 AM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

saleen heat extractor hood, saleen front fascia
Old 08-17-2007, 12:48 AM
ccpoole

Well the 2000 is not like from our savings for our baby. Its more just like a price cap on what I can spend on my car at the moment. We arent relying on it to support the baby we have plenty of other money for that. B ut I definetly see the point to save it and spend it on the baby. It is our first, and I hear about how expensive they can be.

The mustang is def. my first baby though. And I would like her to have a little more money put towards her now.

What about doing a good nitrous setup. 1500 could cover that.
Old 08-17-2007, 12:52 AM
white07
4th Gear Member

Well the 2000 is not like from our savings for our baby. Its more just like a price cap on what I can spend on my car at the moment. We arent relying on it to support the baby we have plenty of other money for that. B ut I definetly see the point to save it and spend it on the baby. It is our first, and I hear about how expensive they can be.

The mustang is def. my first baby though. And I would like her to have a little more money put towards her now.

Yeah but if something goes wrong and you need a new motor thats another 2K for a rotating assembly.
Old 08-17-2007, 01:00 AM
teksp0rt
3rd Gear Member

I'mwith the other guys.. college is going to be expensive in the future..

Throw that $2,000 into a investment savings account and in 17 years you will have $10,109 (assuming 10% market return per year).

but... if you HAVE to spend the money...

1. Deep Dish Rims and Tires (Nothing improves the look of the car more)
2. CDC Front Chin and Duck Tail
3. Keep saving for the Whipple.. You are 1/2 way there!
Old 08-17-2007, 01:03 AM
Bama Kid

what about some long tubes to compliment that X and the stingers?
then maybe some pulleys,Shifter, control arms...
just some ideas...
Old 08-17-2007, 01:05 AM
05gtdriver
5th Gear Member

Well, we don't know your actual situation. If two grand is like two hundred to the rest of us, then get your stuff(cool of your wife to make this happen for you), but if that money might be needed down the line, than I think you know where I'm headed with this.
To answer your question and btw, congrats on becoming a dad[sm=icon_cheers.gif]. I would say, some suspension mods, or tires(do you drag race?). A helmet, some nitrous, D/Rs with wheels? A ram air hood? The possibilities are endless in the new Mustang world(ha-ha).
With what you already have, I'd say some LTs and some rear suspension pieces(uca/lcas/relocation brackets, etc.) and deletion plates(these mods seem like the natural progression given your current status of your car), possibly a shifter?

Quick Reply: 2000 To Spend