Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Powerdyne Super/Turbo Chargers

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2007, 12:09 PM
case ace
1st Gear Member

Default Powerdyne Super/Turbo Chargers

I was reading something on the forum about POWERDYNE Turbochargers or Superchargers. They claimed a price of $1500 on Ebay. Does anyone have any info on this mfgr. Are they worth the money for 7lbs boost? Their claims of HP are up to 140 additional. Sounds unrealistic but I really don't know. Please let me know your experiences with POWERDYNE.
Old 08-21-2007, 12:17 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

Default RE: Super/Turbo Chargers

You need to edit your title....most people wont click on this thread because it looks like you are posing a question that has been discussed many times before.
Old 08-21-2007, 12:26 PM
06Saleen3V
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: howarmat

You need to edit your title....most people wont click on this thread because it looks like you are posing a question that has been discussed many times before.
+1...I was hesitant to click on it..
Old 08-21-2007, 02:20 PM
suoperdave84
4th Gear Member

Don't listen to anyone who has not had actual experience with a Powerdyne. I had one on my truck....lasted about a year before it blew up. I had to have it rebuilt before I sold the truck. I have no idea how long the rebuild will last the guy who bought it.

Power gains were minimal. Bearings and belt are notorious for being poor quality. There is no oil for cooling or lubrication....just greased bearings. Stay away from Powerdyne.
Old 08-21-2007, 03:29 PM
RodeoFlyer
4th Gear Member

Powerdyne had issues in the past with the internal belt. They have since upgraded them and haven't had the issues they used to. I never had a problem with mine when I had it on my 92'. I had the Ford Motorsport kit, which was Powerdyne. I also installedthem on a couple other stangs. A friend of a friend of mine worked for them, and his 5-liter was their development car. He was going 10's in 1994 with a 302 - before you could buy 347 kits anywhere you wanted.

They are easy to install and put out modest power. You don't need to tap your oil pan, and they are cheap. You can get a kit from R&E Racing delivered for $2650. I have seen the kit installed on an 05 and the dyno results, @400 rwhp.

HOWEVER.........

In no small part due to their problems of the past and horrible customer service, the company has recently been bought out and they are difficult to get a hold of for tech support and parts. I personally don't have a problem with them because I live here in SoCal and know the right people to get parts and help if I need it. Someone without experienceor connections might consider it a risky buy.

Old 08-21-2007, 04:52 PM
blueherd02gt
5th Gear Member

There's a guy here that got 370whp out of his 2006GT.... He wasnt happy with it at all

ORIGINAL: RodeoFlyer

Powerdyne had issues in the past with the internal belt. They have since upgraded them and haven't had the issues they used to. I never had a problem with mine when I had it on my 92'. I had the Ford Motorsport kit, which was Powerdyne. I also installedthem on a couple other stangs. A friend of a friend of mine worked for them, and his 5-liter was their development car. He was going 10's in 1994 with a 302 - before you could buy 347 kits anywhere you wanted.

They are easy to install and put out modest power. You don't need to tap your oil pan, and they are cheap. You can get a kit from R&E Racing delivered for $2650. I have seen the kit installed on an 05 and the dyno results, @400 rwhp.

HOWEVER.........

In no small part due to their problems of the past and horrible customer service, the company has recently been bought out and they are difficult to get a hold of for tech support and parts. I personally don't have a problem with them because I live here in SoCal and know the right people to get parts and help if I need it. Someone without experienceor connections might consider it a risky buy.

Old 08-21-2007, 07:07 PM
ChiDiddy
4th Gear Member

if its too good to be true, it is. Boosting ain't cheap, theres no way around it.
Old 08-21-2007, 07:38 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

someone let me know if blue got rid
of the doo doo finger.....he usually has
good thiongs to say, but i can't risk unblocking
until i can be sure

Old 08-21-2007, 08:13 PM
sactown
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Powerdyne Super/Turbo Chargers

I have not even heard of powerdyne, but that does not mean their stuff is junk, but 140hp for 1500 seem very unrealistic. I would do some serious research before I even considered that an option.
Old 08-21-2007, 08:39 PM
RodeoFlyer
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Powerdyne Super/Turbo Chargers

It's not $1500

Quick Reply: Powerdyne Super/Turbo Chargers