Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

CMCV Deletes or O/R X-pipe

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2007, 02:12 PM
acascianelli
5th Gear Member

Default RE: CMCV Deletes or O/R X-pipe

ORIGINAL: 06Saleen3V

ORIGINAL: acascianelli

http://youtube.com/watch?v=pClp0l-aN2E

Thats a video of the stock mufflers/headers with an O/R X-pipe. Maybe its just me but that doesn't seem that much louder.
That sounds good, but would sounds better with an o/r H-Pipe.
I figured the X-pipe would flow slightly better.
Old 08-22-2007, 04:01 PM
8URGTO
1st Gear Member

hey, I already have gone down this road and I will tell you that installing the off road x pipe WILL give you a bit more hp. I ran the x pipe with the stock mufflers and it was louder, but it's not so loud that it will sound like you have slp's on them. I personlly didn't care for the way the car sounded with the stock mufflers and was pretty embarrased by the way it sounded. The x pipe with give you more hp, but the trade off is a more raspier sound along with a higher tone... it won't be a deeper tone like you would expect with a h pipe, but to me it was a better tradeoff. I now have an off road x pipe along with a set of dynomax race bullets installed before the axle... the sound is freaking amazing and freaking loud. I will tell you though... by installing these bullets, I have noticed a slight hp decrease on the bottom end, but the top end picked up considerably. I can't speak for you, but I will tell you that putting an off road x pipe with the stock mufflers will sound terrible and I don't think that you will like the way it sounds...it's very rasy and uuugggghhhh....I didn't like it.

It's your call man. If I were to do it again, which I'm sure I will, I would go with another x pipe, but I think I will go with the Borla XR-1 bullet mufflers next time. Good luck man.
Old 08-22-2007, 04:30 PM
blueherd02gt
5th Gear Member

My exhaust setups:
Magnaflow catback w/ magnaflow o/r X = [&:]
magnaflow catback w/ pypes o/r H =
2 1/2" magnapack catback w/ bassani o/r X = [:'(]
3" magnapacks w/ pypes o/r H = [>:]