Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Put some WOAH... in the Whipple HO

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2007, 03:36 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Put some WOAH... in the Whipple HO

ORIGINAL: MustangGT0405

I know Moosestang is in about the same boat as me as far as what he is looking for, so I float this idea to all, as a what if.
Just use a larger pulley, probably much better than using UD pulleys to lower the boost.

I'm sure Lethal performance can sell you the HO kit with the 8psi pulley. I'm just going to buy the 8psi pulley direct from whipple for $129.

I'm not really worried about blowing my motor. If my motor blew tomorrow I would simply buy my wife a new car and drive hers until I got a new block (which I still have the cash for by the way). This would actually be a good thing since I wouldn't have to hassle with trading her car, but I would be driving a PT cruiser for awhile[:'(]. I agree that it's the down time that is the real pain. I'd like to try and install a new forged block myself someday, but that's something I need to plan in advance, not something I can just do at the spur of the moment.

I don't know your situation, but my car only sees 30 miles round trip to work every day and the occasional cruise to the movies or whatever on my days off. If I had to drive this thing 100 miles a day i'd probably think twice about a SC. I'd probably have bought a different car if I drove that much though.
Old 08-23-2007, 09:38 AM
MustangGT0405
5th Gear Member

I probably drive about 70 miles a day to and from work. I also drive to see friends and family alot which are about 1.5-3 hours away.

This is my 2nd mustang and I couldnt see myself in anything else, except maybe a porsche someday.

I love to drive my car but I think it could use like 100 more hp to be a perfect street car for me.

I think the base saleen kit would probably be the best for me, but there are too many negatives with that kit. Hood clearance, fire-wall clearance, Hoses not run right in the directions, need for shop tools, added install complexity.

I wish I lived close to Brenspeed because for $650 I would just let them install it and be done.

I am banning myself from posting S/C questions until I get closer to the time of purchase. I appreciate everyones thought and time.

Moosestang I sent you a PM.
Old 08-23-2007, 09:45 AM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MustangGT0405

I wish I lived close to Brenspeed because for $650 I would just let them install it and be done.
Yeah and they are doing a lot of installs at that price. They told me if I wanted an install date in the next few months I should get in now.