Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Going for a S/C, anyone ships worldwide?

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2007, 11:51 AM
Roy
1st Gear Member

Default Going for a S/C, anyone ships worldwide?

Hello everyone, I just bought my Mustang GT 05, and I really love it, really really, you cant imagine how fun it is to it drive here in Sweden where you cant see this car everyday. Anyhow, I was beaten by a Mercedes-Benz on the motorway yesterday... sucks...

I krave more power! therefore im looking for a supercharger, I have my eyes on some but here in sweden they are freacking super ultra mega expensive, and Im not kidding. The roush performance S/C kit goes for (with the todays value of dollar) 9.7k no installation or tune. Bargain right?

The Paxton 1200 goes for 6.5k no installation or tune.

And thats how the story goes.

So im looking for someone who delivers these worldwide, figure that it would be cheaper to import it myself, the installation my father and I will do ourselves.

Advice on what S/C to get and where to get it is really appriciated, and advice on what more mods that should be done are also welcome.

I have a ford racing exhaust on the car, and Im gonna buy a steeda short shifter next month I think.

Thanks.

Old 08-28-2007, 12:31 PM
MexGT
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Going for a S/C, anyone ships worldwide?

uhmmm i wouldnt go with the roushcharger ...

email Brent (www.brenspeed.com) i'm sure he ships overseas and he has kickass products.
Or get in contact with live support in www.lethalperformance.com they might help you aswell.
Old 08-28-2007, 12:31 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Well you can get the saleen stage 1 kit from brenspeed.com for $5600. That should take care of almost any mercedes/BMW you might come across. That comes with everything you need including the tune. I'm not sure if Brenspeed ships world wide though.
Old 08-28-2007, 12:34 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

+1 The roush is also expensive here for what you get, plus it's more limited and makes more heat than a centri or twin screw. Heat is bad.

ORIGINAL: MexGT

uhmmm i wouldnt go with the roushcharger ...

email Brent (www.brenspeed.com) i'm sure he ships overseas and he has kickass products.
Or get in contact with live support in www.lethalperformance.com they might help you aswell.
Old 08-28-2007, 03:14 PM
sactown
4th Gear Member

Don't get the roush. Go with either the KB, Saleen, procharger, or Whipple. You may also want to up grade you clutch/flywheel, and fuel system. Spec's 2+ clutch and flywheel and Ford dual pump fuel system should take care of those 2 issues. Go luck keep us posted.
Old 08-28-2007, 06:57 PM
hotairgypsy
3rd Gear Member

contact texas hotrod...they ship worldwide and are a vender here..top notch work
Old 08-28-2007, 08:13 PM
169stang
1st Gear Member

Well.....the Whipple is a very easy install with very detailed instructions! Nice power with a lot of room to grow. Lethal Performance has great deals on them and they'll ship to you...as well as being a supporting vendor here! Great service from them too!
Old 08-29-2007, 12:15 PM
Roy
1st Gear Member

Hello and thanks for everything so far, really kind of you to help me out.

What about the paxton S/C? Is it something to look at? My goal for the moment is 400-425HP. Playing safe for the moment. Later I might go a bit further but thats in the future.

So, this is what I have decided to buy.

S/C "need more info here, still havent decided wich one "

Steeda Tri-Ax shifter

Centerforce High quality Aluminium Flywheel.

Ford GT supercar Fuel Pumps "2"

C&L "Street" Intake and Diablosport Predator performance pack.

All from lethal Performance.

Any comments on this?

Thanks.

Old 08-29-2007, 12:23 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

looks like a great plan

[sm=gears.gif]
Old 08-29-2007, 12:26 PM
Boostaddict
Former Sponsor

ORIGINAL: Roy

Hello and thanks for everything so far, really kind of you to help me out.

What about the paxton S/C? Is it something to look at? My goal for the moment is 400-425HP. Playing safe for the moment. Later I might go a bit further but thats in the future.

So, this is what I have decided to buy.

S/C "need more info here, still havent decided wich one "

Steeda Tri-Ax shifter

Centerforce High quality Aluminium Flywheel.

Ford GT supercar Fuel Pumps "2"

C&L "Street" Intake and Diablosport Predator performance pack.

All from lethal Performance.

Any comments on this?

Thanks.

Roy,

I think you couldn't have found a better vendor to do business with!! LOL

Thanks for giving us the opportunity to assist you!

I see you've got a nice selection of parts above which you'll defnitely be happy with. However if you decide to go the Supercharged route I would definitely go with the Whipple H.O. Kit with a VMP custom tuned XCal2. We have been selling quite a few of these combo's lately and everyone has been very satisfied with the results. If you go with the Whipple H.O. Kit you won't need the Predator, C&L Intake or the GT Pumps as the Whipple comes complete with the GT500 fuel system, Intake and the Xcal2 if you choose that option.

We've shipped 3 H.O. Whipple kits to Kuwait just in the last month and those guys couldn't be happier as the kit has the nicest finish and comes with everything you need. It's also a fairly easy install and to top it off the VMP custom tune and support is worth a lot in itself.

We have no issues at all shipping overseas and actually do so on a daily basis. A large portion of our business is international and we are grateful for our international customers choosing Lethal Performance.

As always if you need any assistance feel free to call or email us or even use the Live Help Messenger feature on our site and we'll be more than happy to assis you with any other questions or concerns you may have.

Thanks again. Jared

Quick Reply: Going for a S/C, anyone ships worldwide?