Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

crap ton of mods going on this weekend!

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2007, 08:48 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

Default RE: crap ton of mods going on this weekend!

good luck nate and let us know how
everything turns out
Old 09-02-2007, 08:55 PM
MartyMoose
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: nate2953

well, for starters, the marine corps funded my addiction by paying me to stand ready to do rough things on your behalf so you can sleep safe and sound in your comfy beds at night. And, no i am not a lucky bast*** by any means. We do things you wouldnt dream of, we do things you wouldnt do for all the money in the world, and we do it for abouti dunno, two dollars an hour?so just food for thought.
btw to the armyguy, iminfantry too, and i carry a SAW too, good luckto you
With the pay, the amount of annual leave, medical/dental Ins (for self & family), I believe it's FREE education now (?), and whatnot - it's way more than $2 an hour. Even an E1 base salary (TIG/TIS < 6 mos) alone is more than $2/hr.
Old 09-02-2007, 09:18 PM
nate2953
1st Gear Member

listen "friend", im not sure if you have ever been in the military, especially the Marines, but our health coverage, and dental coverage is quite subpar, and as far as our education benefits go, well good luck navigating the flaming hoops to get tuition assistance, and i take home 600 bucks every two weeks, which makes out to be under 2 an hour figuring we work 24/7, because there have been many days ive worked 24 hours straight, and had to be at work at say 1am, 5am, look this is pointless, im not going to argue with someone who thinks the military is paid adequately, this post was about mods, and thats what it will stay about. No more talk about military pay.
Old 09-02-2007, 09:26 PM
22kart22
4th Gear Member

where's arwing when ya need him lol
Old 09-02-2007, 09:27 PM
MartyMoose
3rd Gear Member

listen "friend", im not sure if you have ever been in the military, especially the Marines, but our health coverage, and dental coverage is quite subpar, and as far as our education benefits go, well good luck navigating the flaming hoops to get tuition assistance, and i take home 600 bucks every two weeks, which makes out to be under 2 an hour figuring we work 24/7, because there have been many days ive worked 24 hours straight, and had to be at work at say 1am, 5am, look this is pointless, im not going to argue with someone who thinks the military is paid adequately, this post was about mods, and thats what it will stay about. No more talk about military pay.
Yeah, you're absolutely right. This is about mods and not Mil. pay. And I really didn't mean to flame - just giving a little perspective (10 years Active Army).
Old 09-02-2007, 09:43 PM
2k05gt
4th Gear Member

god i hate the MPs, i got a ticket for chirping my tires from a stop sign into a turn, it wasnt even on purpose, just let the clutch out too fast, i coulda done it in my 89 ranger!!! whats ur MOS? im an 0351!
Well My MOS is 3P0X1 and any "Display of Speed" on base is an offense, on most AF Bases driving while talking on a cell phone is a ticketable offense.. Thereare many pedestrians on bases, doing PT ect.. We need to keep them safe.
Old 09-02-2007, 09:44 PM
nate2953
1st Gear Member

well im sure ill be happier when i get my mods on, it kills me to see them in my apartment and not on my car. Just bummed about how expensive it is to get the stang to where it should be, and you cant even do that w/o 5-6 grand
Old 09-02-2007, 09:57 PM
MartyMoose
3rd Gear Member

well im sure ill be happier when i get my mods on, it kills me to see them in my apartment and not on my car. Just bummed about how expensive it is to get the stang to where it should be, and you cant even do that w/o 5-6 grand
Well, that's a good list of mods, man- I'm sure you're gonna be more than just a "little" happier! [sm=badbadbad.gif]

Oh, and I read your other post about your friend with the Charger. He, on the other hand, prolly won't be so happy [8D]
Old 09-02-2007, 10:11 PM
nate2953
1st Gear Member

lets hope so, wish i had money for the s/c, maybe thatll come after my next deployment
Old 09-02-2007, 10:19 PM
MartyMoose
3rd Gear Member

Trust me, you're gonna dig those mods.

Quick Reply: crap ton of mods going on this weekend!