Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Supercharger horsepower question

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2007, 04:56 PM
Wally39
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Supercharger horsepower question

About 71/2 to 8 lately. I have seen 91/2 with this pulley though. I have the larger injectors, intercooler etc. I just had a AEM A/F gauge installed and it reads a little on the rich side when at WOT. I did chirp all the way through 3rd gear while racing someone with my Mickey Thompson's, so I quess I can't complain. I've heard of people running high 11's with a S/C. That would be nice.
Old 09-05-2007, 06:54 PM
07SCGT
2nd Gear Member

Wally was your dyno on a Dyno jet or a mustang Dyno? Reason being is there is usually about a 10% difference between the 2. Example being if you pull 440RWHP on a Dynojet you will pull approx 400RWHP on a mustang jet. My numbers in my sigwere on a Dyno jet.
Old 09-05-2007, 07:09 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

i think that is with about 10 - 11psiof
boost (or ~ 450 rwhp) and drag radials
if i'm not mistaken..... and i think that gets
your et to around 11.8 - 11.9

ORIGINAL: Wally39

About 71/2 to 8 lately. I have seen 91/2 with this pulley though. I have the larger injectors, intercooler etc. I just had a AEM A/F gauge installed and it reads a little on the rich side when at WOT. I did chirp all the way through 3rd gear while racing someone with my Mickey Thompson's, so I quess I can't complain. I've heard of people running high 11's with a S/C. That would be nice.
Old 09-05-2007, 11:27 PM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: jrm1900

Remember that the parts work as a whole, if you are not experiencing fuel starvation or lean conditions at wot, then the fuel system is ok.
If you are expecting more power from your current setup, I think the only way to go is to get a custom dyno tune, it will tell you if your car is running rich or lean and how much power they can squeeze out of your engine as is.
Then if you want to go with more boost you'll have to ask Saleen what they recommend, but IMHO after 6 psi you'll want an intercooler, and after 8PSI probably new larger injectors and a new tune. After 10/12PSI you'll need a new rotating assembly, tune, maybe even larger injectors etc. it all depends on what you want to do, how far you can go, and how much you want to spend.
ok, I have to ask..what saleen kit is sold WITHOUT an intercooler?? I am reading this more and more everywhere.....all Saleen series VI have intercoolers...am I missing something here? not trying to be rude, but I think there is this misconception that the Saleen Series VI does not have an intercooler when in fact they do...I only upgraded my injectors...will upgrade my fuel pump next when going to the 3.4 pulley.....
Old 09-06-2007, 01:07 AM
jrm1900
2nd Gear Member

Sorry Cheftjpeck,at the time I posted, Wally39 hadnt said what type of Saleen supercharger or boost level he was talking about, and honestly Iam not familiar with every kit out there so I just stated facts that applyto every TS SC. I dont think that just assuming that a particular kit does not includethis or thatis a reason to upset someone, but for what is worth I apologize for my misconception.
Old 09-06-2007, 10:57 AM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: jrm1900

Sorry Cheftjpeck,at the time I posted, Wally39 hadnt said what type of Saleen supercharger or boost level he was talking about, and honestly Iam not familiar with every kit out there so I just stated facts that applyto every TS SC. I dont think that just assuming that a particular kit does not includethis or thatis a reason to upset someone, but for what is worth I apologize for my misconception.
no, I am sorry...by no means am I upset.....just wanted to clarify as some others besides yourself assume that the saleen is like every other twin screw when it is not. it comes complete whether its stage 1 to stage whatever....the different stages simply are kits with pulley upgrades...fuel system upgrades etc....bottom line whether the stock saleen series VI or one with upgrades...it comes with a 2 stage water/air intercooling system and its not an option..maybe it was with the saleen of the past....who knows...but no offense taken, and I was not meaning to offend you or any others...just inform and clarify
Old 09-07-2007, 09:57 AM
HaneyMotorsport.Com
Banned

A dyno is a TUNING TOOL!!!! Don't get caught up in the # game. There are to many variables. The best thing to do is stick with one dyno, keep data and the weather conditions of your runs. This way, it will helpanalyze power gains or loss.

Casey
[/align]