Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Which SC do you prefer?

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2007, 03:13 PM
Pwny
4th Gear Member

Default Which SC do you prefer?

I need some help here. I am planning on getting a job this year at school to help pay for a supercharger next summer. I am torn between the Vortech, and the Whipple. To all of you SC'ers out there, which one did you pick, and why? Is there anything you would have done differently?
Old 09-13-2007, 04:31 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Which SC do you prefer?

of the 2 choices you listed, i'd go with
the vortech kit from brenspeed

Old 09-13-2007, 04:59 PM
Blackman
1st Gear Member

Ditto
Old 09-13-2007, 05:01 PM
rex7010
3rd Gear Member

I would go with the Whipple.. only because of looks.. they both do the same thing.. the Whipple just looks so much better..

JMO and only that...

Rex
Old 09-13-2007, 07:08 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Why? I considered the vortech from benspeed, but 1. I didn't want to tap the oil pan and 2. everyone kept telling me a twin screw is better for a street car, better as in more fun.

ORIGINAL: hammeron

of the 2 choices you listed, i'd go with
the vortech kit from brenspeed

Old 09-13-2007, 08:25 PM
Pwny
4th Gear Member

Why did you guys say Vortech?
Old 09-13-2007, 08:37 PM
Stkjock
Retired Mod

Vortech makes a great system... I love mine....

I chose it for the balance of high-end power and docile low-end nature.... power comes on beastly strong around 3000..so around town its similar to stock and in the upper end its a BEAST!!! and if your racing your above the 3000 area anyway!!!

Old 09-13-2007, 08:39 PM
AmericanMuscle4.6GT
5th Gear Member

whipple whipple whipple whipple whipple whipple whipple whipple whipple whipple whipple whipple whipple whipple whipple whipple whipple whipple whipple whipple whipple whipple whipple whipple whipple whipple whipple whipple whipple whipple whipple whipple whipple whipple whipple whipple.

and heres why. the vortech, while a very popular choice, needs an oil pan tap. plus, i know about 5 people with vortech huffers, 4 have had problems of some kind of another; one guy needed to get his rebuilt at like 5k miles.

the whipple has better noise, LOW END TORQUE, better powerband, higher power potential, LOW END TORQUE, and LOW END TORQUE. btw the whipple also has LOW END TORQUE and instant throttle response.
Old 09-13-2007, 08:43 PM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

I chose my saleen for the following reasons..twin screw s/c with inc 2 stage intercooler..price was a very good $4000...clean factory look under the hood...easy to upgrade..only thing I'd do differently..would be bought smaller pulley the first time.since I have.changed twice ...and maybe fuel pump upgrade...
Old 09-13-2007, 08:49 PM
07SCGT
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: cheftjpeck

I chose my saleen for the following reasons..twin screw s/c with inc 2 stage intercooler..price was a very good $4000...clean factory look under the hood...easy to upgrade..only thing I'd do differently..would be bought smaller pulley the first time.since I have.changed twice ...and maybe fuel pump upgrade...
+1000000

I love my Saleen for warranty 3/36K can't be beat. Twin screw has the torque throughout the power band meaning just of idle you will have 50HP more than the centris, however about 3-3.5K RPM they catch up to us. It really depends what you wan't though. The twin screws with the steaper gears (3.73's-4.30's) have a tough time launching at the track on the 1/8th and 1/4 miles because the torque is so high at idle.

Quick Reply: Which SC do you prefer?