Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

supercharger + nitrous

Old 09-17-2007, 07:36 PM
BIRGT

Default supercharger + nitrous

I have the zex wet kit now but I'm thinking of getting the kenne bell
I want to keep the nitrous but would i have to have direct port nitrous or just use it as it is set up now
Could i use the nitrous to cool the intercooler down somehow since the line is already their?

and how much have you guys with the kb been paying with labor and without?

thanks in advance for any help or ideas

Old 09-18-2007, 11:20 AM
DROCKOFTX
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: supercharger + nitrous

You and I are in the same boat. I thought about just running an 8psi pully and when I'm running har just run a 25-50 shot just to cool the intake charge and the few extra ponies from the juice wouldn't hurt. I was wondering the same though. i don't know why you couldn't run a wet shot through the supercharger but don't know anyone running that setup.
Old 09-18-2007, 11:29 AM
PLstang
5th Gear Member

$6,500 for the KB installed at the shop I use (Doing it in November).
You can get the price for the KB online they sell factory direct (think its like 5,600.00 I believe).
Old 09-18-2007, 11:31 AM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

jmo, but i think after you install your
superchargers and are running 8-10 psi, you
will no longer need/want to maintain the
nitrous system.
Old 09-18-2007, 01:51 PM
iwannagofast
2nd Gear Member

Nitrous express does make a kit for your intercooler not sure if zex does I would check there website.
Old 09-18-2007, 01:53 PM
DROCKOFTX
2nd Gear Member

I definitely don't think I will need it but rather than go to a 10lb pulley I thought I could use an 8# and use the nitrous when I need a little extra boost and the cooler IAT's would probably help resist detonation with the nitrous. IAT's can get up there pretty quick here in Texas with boost.
Old 09-18-2007, 02:57 PM
fordfanboy
I ♥ Acer

With a good tune, your KB is going to easily make more power than your stock motor can withstand anyway so the N20 is really not needed.

The only time N20 comes into play with the twin screw is for what you described (cooling the intake)

The smallest pulley you can get for the KB is a 2" and you can make up to aout 16-17 psi with that. The way guys get more is to start playing the pulley game with the idlers and cranks. A cobra crank pulley will net you 2 more psi on any pulley with any s/c kit.

Once you have exhausted that , then the N20 comes into play to cool the intake charge and net you a little more boost.

On the centrifugals, the N20 is a great equalizer in the 1200-3000 rpm range as an equalizer for down low power and off the line but it's just not needed with the TS. Running 8-10 psi is going to be where you want to stay on your stock motor anyway. You don't want to mess with cooling the intake on the stock motor.

YES, as you described, cooling the IAT's is actually GOOD but the problem on the stock motor lies with the stock rods and the hit they will take when the boost hits. Cooling the intake charge is going to make the down low torque hit like a freight train and normally that's a good thing but not on the stock motor. The rods are just too weak. Your chances of sending one out the side of your block will go up greatly with less HP that way.
Old 09-18-2007, 03:39 PM
DROCKOFTX
2nd Gear Member

Good point. I didn't think about while it may only net 25HP up top the bottom end tourque would go through the roof. I guess 10psi it will be.
Old 04-07-2008, 12:05 AM
themaintenancedoctor

PUT a 150 shot on it what are you screwing around for the point of all this is to kick everyone elses *** isnt it go for the gold it wont hurt your motor dont listen to the nay sayers they are eat up with that tuned and perfectly calibrated mubo jumbo its all hype trust me my partner is a mechanical engineer I get all my info straight from someone who knows exact threshholds of metals and allows under temperature and pressure if you want the proper info do not listen to anyone but a friggin professional I have only been coming to this website for a few weeks but I can already tell you that It is ****ing retarded these people have no idea who the **** they and what the **** they r talking about get a grip knowledge is free talk to your local engineer or the ford house mechanic "ME" or the GOD DAMN manufacturer HELLO !!!!!!!!!! plz everyone else who is going to respond negatively to this post HUG A NUT AND BIRGT WRENCH UP AND DO IT YOURSELF AS THE CASTROL COMMERCIAL SAYS AND GOOD LUCK WITH THESE NUT HUGGERS PEACE
Old 04-07-2008, 12:07 AM
themaintenancedoctor

I AM GONNA MAKE MY OWN ****IN SITE FOR REAL FORD LOVERS NOT A BUNCHA ***** *** RICH BOYS WITH MORE MONEY THAN SENSE STUPID RICH KIDS NO IDEA WHAT THE HELL THEY R TALKIN BOUT I BUILT MY CAR OVER A TWO TEAR PERIOD FOR 6,000 And its a 9 sec car you **** I hope you all choke on my **** mother****ers

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: supercharger + nitrous