Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Tunes...Is There Really...

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2007, 03:19 PM
Mikes_BLK_GT
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Tunes...Is There Really...

I have a tune from both for my airaid and like them both. Customer service is where brenspeed really excels. My expectation for the aftermarket company claims are closer to the 40-50% range to be quite honest but thats just opinion. IN your case it may be easy for Brent to tune because of very few mods you have but it will be more aggressive and probably do a better job with shift points among other things.
Old 09-24-2007, 03:52 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

Why do you insist that steeda is a high caliber company? They make products that are for the masses and are over priced in many people opinions. I agree some of the products are very good, but most I can find a different brand that is just as good or better and much cheaper...
Old 09-25-2007, 06:36 AM
wasvette
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: howarmat

Why do you insist that steeda is a high caliber company? They make products that are for the masses and are over priced in many people opinions. I agree some of the products are very good, but most I can find a different brand that is just as good or better and much cheaper...
I guess I assumed (not good) based on: almost 20 years in biz, expansive product offering, endorsement/relationship with Ford, few(if any) negative comments on the forum about the products or service, products that appear to be very high quality (fit/finish), etc.

At this point I'm wondering if the Steeda CAI with inlet tube is not a sub-par piece as well. Heck, if they're tuning for the masses, maybe they're building their CAI for the masses too?

Thanks for all the input.
Old 09-25-2007, 10:16 AM
Mikes_BLK_GT
4th Gear Member

Lets not overract here they DO make good products, otherwise you wouldnt see thier cmcv's everywhere. Brenspeed is using the steeda cai on thier saleen kits so I dont see it as being subpar(its just not thier reputation). Sure thier products may be geared towards a broader market and a bit overpriced in some area's but it does make them ****ty products. They have thier good and bad points just like everyone else does. As far as price I saved 60 bucks by going with the steeda p/h bar and brace rather than bmr and the adjstable upper made by steeda is more expensive by about 5 bucks so take it for what it's worth
Old 09-25-2007, 11:09 AM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

The only reason you see steeda CMCVs is because the prevented the FRPPs ones from being produced anymore, remember the steedas are exactly the same as teh economy plates but $50 more.
Old 09-25-2007, 11:32 AM
Mikes_BLK_GT
4th Gear Member

yes that was a patent issue, this type of thing happens all the time between rival companies

Edit:
Steeda won that fight which indicates to me that they had it first. Also FRPP uses the steeda cai in thier power packs which are also overpriced.
Old 09-25-2007, 12:52 PM
shoeys08dkcandygt
4th Gear Member

just got mine done this past weekend in memphis at dynospeed. night and day difference. love the stang now. she is alive. need to get the race tune from doug. i think i really want that tune just from hearing about how much you guys, that have it, love it even as an everyday driver. next 75 bucks is going is way.
Old 09-25-2007, 01:14 PM
wasvette
3rd Gear Member

Does anyone know if B ama Chips does the torque or performance tune for the Steeda CAI?
Old 09-25-2007, 03:18 PM
Mikes_BLK_GT
4th Gear Member

he made one for my airaid dont see why he couldnt do steeda's.
Old 09-25-2007, 03:58 PM
wasvette
3rd Gear Member

Thanks Mike - The multiple tuning options with B ama is a little intimidating...like which one to choose.

Quick Reply: Tunes...Is There Really...