Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

RPM raises when putting clutch down, tough I dont tuch the gas pedal.

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2007, 11:42 AM
Roy
1st Gear Member

Default RPM raises when putting clutch down, tough I dont tuch the gas pedal.

Hello hello, Im just wondering if your cars go up a bit on the rpm when putting the clutch down, even when you have the gas pedal all pulled up?

My car "05 stock Mustang" raises a bit on the rpm when doing just that, is it normal?

And another question, I was out and burned som tires just now, and when I drove of my clutch seemed a bit softer then it was before, might be my imagination but could it be the clutch getting wourn out?

tnx.
Old 09-23-2007, 01:04 PM
HypromanGT
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: RPM raises when putting clutch down, tough I dont tuch the gas pedal.

As far as the RPMs going up when pushing the clutch in, I think that's pretty much normal with these vehicles. I know my car does it, and a fair amount of other folks on here will probably tell you the same thing. Some say it's done that way on purpose to "reduce drivetrain shock", but honestly, it seems like it would do the exact opposite...beats me...

As for the clutch, I guess it's possible that in doing the burn-out, you have actually worn the clutch a bit, or best case you just warmed it up a bit and changed the feel. I know my clutch definitely can have a different feel even depending on the weather/day. I would say not to worry too much about it unless the feeling continues.
Old 09-23-2007, 01:13 PM
johnnyv8
4th Gear Member

Default RE: RPM raises when putting clutch down, tough I dont tuch the gas pedal.

ORIGINAL: Roy

Hello hello, Im just wondering if your cars go up a bit on the rpm when putting the clutch down, even when you have the gas pedal all pulled up?

My car "05 stock Mustang" raises a bit on the rpm when doing just that, is it normal?

And another question, I was out and burned som tires just now, and when I drove of my clutch seemed a bit softer then it was before, might be my imagination but could it be the clutch getting wourn out?

tnx.
Its fine, i use to do that all the time and still it happens to me once in a while. the car is eletronic cable throttle body or whatever you call it; but any way. try when you shift; to let go of the gas and wait 3 mississippi secs, then put in ur clutch.

when you do a burn out; you should be just dropping the clutch. If your feathering ur clutch; ur burning it up cuz ur rev it so high.

but ur car fine. enjoy it!
Old 09-23-2007, 01:58 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

put a CAI/tune on the car and you wont have to wait 3 seconds to shift
Old 09-23-2007, 05:05 PM
ModernMuscle
2nd Gear Member

the reason being is that when the clutch is engaged, its under a load, and therefore lowers the RPM a little, and then when you depress the pedal, it removes the load, letting the engine come back up to normal unloaded range.
Old 09-23-2007, 07:32 PM
22kart22
4th Gear Member

yep, thats right
Old 09-24-2007, 02:29 AM
Eleanor06
3rd Gear Member

the reason being is that when the clutch is engaged, its under a load, and therefore lowers the RPM a little, and then when you depress the pedal, it removes the load, letting the engine come back up to normal unloaded range.
+1
Old 09-27-2007, 02:21 PM
Roy
1st Gear Member

Thanks people, You calmed me abit, the clutch seems fine today so I guess it wasent any permanent damage at it at least.
Old 09-28-2007, 02:44 PM
thaztrain35
2nd Gear Member

my car does it too... im not the best driver in the world yet so dont go by me lol
Old 09-28-2007, 09:32 PM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Its all part of the drive by wire computer system and is very normal. Ford made the tune for the stock one the good thing is that an aftermarket tune can reduce or get rid of that! Doesn't anyone miss going under the hood and reving the engine just by using your hand. Ever notice that with ours you cant do that. Computers have taken over almost all modern cars these days and a good tune can change that!

Quick Reply: RPM raises when putting clutch down, tough I dont tuch the gas pedal.