Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

best muscle car sound for 2005 GT?

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2007, 12:50 PM
imyy4u
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: best muscle car sound for 2005 GT?

i am interested in your slp loudmouth axlebacks...pm me.
Old 09-27-2007, 12:53 PM
imyy4u
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 07toplessGT

I have the SLP Loudmouths with no other mods on my 07 and absolutely love them. They sound like a classic muscle car to me.
you don't have a tuner do you? i hope i don't need a tuner to run these...
Old 09-27-2007, 01:04 PM
acstone7
3rd Gear Member

no you do not need a tune for any axle back exhaust
Old 09-27-2007, 01:34 PM
VerginaStang
3rd Gear Member

As acstone7 stated, there is no need for a tune. (I PM'd you by the way).

Also, one more thing about the SLP's, I think they have the nicest tips out of all of the other axlebacks I've seen (I pretty much have seen them all).... I am definately going to miss them. My new pypes mid muffler system lacks in comparison.
Old 09-27-2007, 01:48 PM
Burnsy
5th Gear Member

but how does the pypes mid muffler sound??
Old 09-27-2007, 01:55 PM
VerginaStang
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Burnsy

but how does the pypes mid muffler sound??
Im not sure... I've only heard clips on online. I will post my own clips once I install it this saturday. Also, keep in mind, I will be putting on an O/R H so it will sound different. Theres a decent soundclip on Brenspeed.com
Old 09-27-2007, 03:06 PM
damquick1
2nd Gear Member

The PYPES MidMuffler system sounds awesome, mine have broken in a little and sound even better than the first day I installed them. Even my neighbor who is a cop commented on how awesome my car sounds.
Old 09-27-2007, 03:11 PM
Bmr4life
5th Gear Member

Loud Mouths and a CAM swap. That would sound sweet. Of course it would be NO faster.

ORIGINAL: batmobile2005

i wouldnt mind loudmouths, but this is my primary car, so i kinda want something that wont give me a headache after 3 hrs of driving, which im afraid the loudmouths would do. i mean, you experienced it firsthand inside the car, how is it volume-wise? by the way, cheers to everyone who has a black mustang gt here, best ones around haha
I drive 40 mins one way Mon-Fri. Most of the time with the windows down just so I can hear the exhaust. 99% of the drive is highway, 75+ MPH. No drone, but I do have a crap load of rattles inside the car.
Old 09-27-2007, 03:26 PM
VerginaStang
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: damquick1

The PYPES MidMuffler system sounds awesome, mine have broken in a little and sound even better than the first day I installed them. Even my neighbor who is a cop commented on how awesome my car sounds.
Time for some new sound clips
Old 09-27-2007, 03:28 PM
drbobvs
5th Gear Member

If you don't want a headache, then don;t get the loudmouths. Like other mufflers, the loudmouths sound very different outside the car than in. I'm sue it sounds great inside the car but from outside i think they sound terrible. I have 2 mustangs in my neighborhood with loudmouths and I'm occasionally behind them around town in the AM on the way to work. They're not as deep as you might think and it sounds like there's no muffler at all(which there isn't). They pop alot and are raspy. Take the stock Muffs of your car and run it open, this is what you'll hear with LM's. If you like that then by all means buy them.

If you want a deep sound like you say then I suggest MAC, Pypes, or Borla. Listening to soundclips is often misleading. I would call a couple of our vendors, including Brenspeed that have heard just about all of them, and tell them what your looking for. They can help you better. Oh, and DON'T get an X-pipe!

Quick Reply: best muscle car sound for 2005 GT?