Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Stingers and O/R X...

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2007, 09:22 AM
brady_f
2nd Gear Member

Default Stingers and O/R X...

If you pair the stingers with the pypes o/r X will you get the trumpeting sound at 2500 rpm. I know when I had Flow 40's and an off road H that it drove me crazy because it sounded so bad at 2500rpm. Any input is greatly appreciated.
Old 09-28-2007, 10:45 AM
thewarmachine
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Stingers and O/R X...

Listen carefully..........EVERY EXHAUST SOUNDS TERRIBLE IF YOU PAIR IT WITH AN X-PIPE.

Do you want your Mustang to sound like a Seadoo?...a chainsaw?....a ricer? Then maybe the X-pipe is for you.

Go to youtube or google video and listen for yourself. I have NEVER heard a good x-pipe.
Old 09-28-2007, 10:57 AM
PiggySmallz
3rd Gear Member

i disagree i think that an x pipe with stingers sounds pretty good not raspy at all from a video atleast. Not sure about off road but bassani high flow x sounded pretty good to me. This guy has some good videos and they are what convinced me to get the borlas. His video of just stingers when he does the drive by's sound the closest to real life that i've heard on any video so i assume the x pipe sounds good as well.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=GD3htFQg9bU
Old 09-28-2007, 11:49 AM
thewarmachine
5th Gear Member

Ok, that one doesn't sound quite as bad as the O/R X-pipe combos, but still it is not as deep as the stock H-pipe sound, and the X-pipe replaces the nice burble with a high-pitched rev sound. I prefer the deep burble. But exhaust sound is a personal choice. I do love my Borla stingers!
Old 09-28-2007, 12:29 PM
brady_f
2nd Gear Member

Well, I would be willing to get another o/r H...but as long as the rattling/trumpeting sound disappers with the stingers. Maybe the chambered Flow's were the problem???
Old 09-28-2007, 01:12 PM
PiggySmallz
3rd Gear Member

i agree i think the borla's are amazing and i LOVE the 4 inch tip with the borla stamp on it. However i feel like the axle back alone sounded a little restricted. I want a mean sounding mustang that sounds like it's pushing 500 horsepower. I want it to scream but not be raspy. Kind of like the 99-04 with a nice cat back. I'd still like to hear the stingers with a catted prochamber, off road prochamber, off road x and off road h in person. I want my car to sound like it has ***** not just be somewhat loud lol. Have you heard anything that sounds like hwat i described or would i need longtubes for that?
Old 09-28-2007, 01:35 PM
zkiller
4th Gear Member

offroad H pipe sound best
X pipes sound like crap.
Old 09-28-2007, 01:36 PM
onederful100
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: brady_f

Well, I would be willing to get another o/r H...but as long as the rattling/trumpeting sound disappers with the stingers. Maybe the chambered Flow's were the problem???
a friend of mine had o/r x pipe, LT, and flowmasters and he had the drone/trumpeting. he then switched to borla, and was much better. if u want deep sound get the o/r h or the prochamber even better sound. personally i like the x pipe sound, different. IMO
Old 09-28-2007, 02:42 PM
thaztrain35
2nd Gear Member

personally i think you cant have a too loud exhaust.. as long as it sounds like a muscle car[sm=badbadbad.gif]
Old 09-28-2007, 05:21 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

sound clips are never going to sound anything like they will in real life. No offense piggy but stating that you only know this from sound clips is not the best argument. I have heard a few combos with x pipe in person and cant say i like any of them, they all have a raspy sound to them. That is the nature of the x pipe

Quick Reply: Stingers and O/R X...