Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

powerlost in 1st gear only no boost procharger

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2007, 06:26 PM
22kart22
4th Gear Member

Default RE: powerlost in 1st gear only no boost procharger

00 rpm = a given supercharger speed. It sure is spooling up normally (it doesnt have any other option, unless major belt slip), it just cant build any boost before you are shifting into 2nd. I have a feeling that if you reduced your final drive again, you would have boost in 1st gear.
ORIGINAL: CataclysmGT

Ummm, no matter what gear......6000 rpm = a given supercharger speed. It sure is spooling up normally (it doesnt have any other option, unless major belt slip), it just cant build any boost before you are shifting into 2nd. I have a feeling that if you reduced your final drive again, you would have boost in 1st gear.

I think you are misunderstanding me. I meant that I think the reason why he's missing boost is because he is ripping through the gears so fast that the supercharger barely has time to spool up.

Starting at a very low rpm with full throttle would allow the supercharger enough time to get moving and would be useful to diagnose the problem
Old 09-29-2007, 06:46 PM
CataclysmGT
4th Gear Member

I didn't misunderstand you. Regardless of how fast he goes through a gear, the supercharger will be spinning at a given speed for a given RPM.
Old 09-29-2007, 06:53 PM
22kart22
4th Gear Member

wait, I have the sig. turned off, what kind of super does he have?
Old 09-29-2007, 07:13 PM
CataclysmGT
4th Gear Member

Does not matter what kind. Its belt driven.......
Old 09-29-2007, 08:20 PM
06supercharged
1st Gear Member

first gear is not fast at all it like slows down at 4 rpms. Do you think i should put back the 355 to see if everything works ? Tomorrow I'm going to record it on dvd. My battery was dead today. This will help for everyone tounderstand whats happen.Thanks
Old 09-29-2007, 08:32 PM
CataclysmGT
4th Gear Member

Sounds like a plan.......(the video that is)
Old 09-29-2007, 11:18 PM
TimeForPain
2nd Gear Member

you think possibly that the belt is slipping and thats why your not getting the boost? I had a procharger on my 01 and i had 4.10 gears in it and i seen 13psi at 6500 rpms shifting to second. But it depended how i did it though, if i was rolling i would not see full boost but from a stop i did. But If the belt is slipping and trying to grab but it cant because how fast 1st gear is winding out.
Old 09-30-2007, 12:02 AM
07SCGT
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 06supercharged

Need some help installed 6 speed and 430 gears now the procharger doesnt build boost in first gear every once in awhile it will . I ve taken it to a shop and said it was the throttle body( Replaced not that) They check computer said it was fine? The car ran 11.60s now 12.40s Need help spent $300 still not fixed Could it be the gear?
Just a suggestion but are you sure that the clutch isn't slippingin first and possibly second? I mean the stock clutch/flywheel does not handle a S/C at all. It could be that you are burning the clutch and are over revving the engine due to you not engaging. Do you notice the RPMs' increase then settle down a bit in the same gear??
Old 10-03-2007, 04:15 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

So any improvement?....sounds like belt slippage to me! Since the car is dynoed in fourth gear it probably wont show on the dyno. A boost gauge will tell you if the psi goes way past what the pulley is rated for hence belt slippage. JMO
Old 10-03-2007, 07:23 AM
06supercharged
1st Gear Member

Thanks for your help Its not the belt that was the first thing i checked. The computer is going to fail mode in first only, no wot? The car worked fine untill the trans and gears went in. Do you think that the 430 is to much for this trans? the car does run better with the 20s on. I do have a boost g and it shows no boost in first,once i shift to second its right on it.First feels like a total stock car I cant explain and just cannot seem to figure it out.I tried to get my camera to film it but can't get it to down load.any help you can give me thanks

Quick Reply: powerlost in 1st gear only no boost procharger