Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

SC, Where to get it from?

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2007, 03:22 AM
Shredder
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: SC, Where to get it from?

ORIGINAL: alloutt

If you care about the warrenty so much have any dealer install a ford racing one...
I asked them about that one since I saw it on the ford racing site.. they said they didnt do it
Should any ford dealership be able to install that?
Old 09-30-2007, 05:27 AM
dvf1973
2nd Gear Member

deja vu my friend, i am dealing witht eh same issues...but i dont have a sleen dealer here so you may be better off than i...and no mine wont install their own sc either...uuugh, fuc#in tards...im gonna have them insatll an ied so they can blow themselves up... what to do what to do
Old 09-30-2007, 08:40 AM
s197richie
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: Shredder

ORIGINAL: s197richie

screw Roush, the warranty is figured into the price of the s/c and you can get a much more efficient setup for the money. Roush FTL.
Yes, you can get a much more efficient setup for your money.. but not one that will keep my full warranty intact, which is the point of this whole thing.. I am not spending all this money on this car just to void major parts of the warranty lol
funny thing is, Roush says they'll pick up the remainder of the 3/36, but the powertrain is now 5/60. So what's up with that?
Old 09-30-2007, 12:25 PM
07SCGT
2nd Gear Member

If you care about the warrenty so much have any dealer install a ford racing one...
The problem with the FRPP and having a dealer install it is the warranty is only good at that 1 dealer. I went through this for weeks trying to decide before I got mine. I drove mine from Arizona to Irvine and hadSaleen install it. I got the 4" 475BHP kit (390RWHP) andtey told me I had over 300 dealers in the Saleen network that I could go to if I had trouble. I liked the piece of mind knowing I could leave the state and still have warranty coverage.The plus side was they had my car done in 4 hours intercooler, shifter suspension all in 4 hours. I was back on the I-5 before 1:00 that afternoon heading home.
Old 09-30-2007, 01:08 PM
Shredder
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 07SCGT

The problem with the FRPP and having a dealer install it is the warranty is only good at that 1 dealer. I went through this for weeks trying to decide before I got mine. I drove mine from Arizona to Irvine and hadSaleen install it. I got the 4" 475BHP kit (390RWHP) andtey told me I had over 300 dealers in the Saleen network that I could go to if I had trouble. I liked the piece of mind knowing I could leave the state and still have warranty coverage.The plus side was they had my car done in 4 hours intercooler, shifter suspension all in 4 hours. I was back on the I-5 before 1:00 that afternoon heading home.
Ahh.. so if I get it done at Saleen in Irvine.. I can get it serviced at any Saleen dealership.. there is one like 10 minutes from my house!
Old 09-30-2007, 01:36 PM
07SCGT
2nd Gear Member

Correct, any Saleen authorized service center will back your warranty provided that you leave it alone, (ie, no pulley swap, can't get an aftermarket CAI/MAF, you get the point). The Extremem kit will net you 390RWHP +/- 5HP. I was chirping 4th with it so I'm sure you'll be happy.
Old 09-30-2007, 01:45 PM
catalac
2nd Gear Member

Has anyone ever poppeda motor with a 400-435 bhp kit?Aren't theyproven safe from the 100's if not 1000's that have been done.
Old 09-30-2007, 01:51 PM
07SCGT
2nd Gear Member

I haven't heard of anyone blowing a motor even with the 475BHP kit. The internals on these engines are good for 450RWHP/520BHP the weakest part being the rods, and provided you don't constantlyover rev the motor.
Old 09-30-2007, 01:54 PM
mlcrycc
5th Gear Member

Pretty incredible they got it done in 4 hours. But, then again, I have toured the Saleen Factory and seen em in action......
Two questions if you don't mind...How much did Saleen charge for the install? And, did you buy the blower from them, or bring it with you??

Thx.
Old 09-30-2007, 02:16 PM
07SCGT
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mlcrycc

Pretty incredible they got it done in 4 hours. But, then again, I have toured the Saleen Factory and seen em in action......
Two questions if you don't mind...How much did Saleen charge for the install? And, did you buy the blower from them, or bring it with you??

Thx.
I'm not exaclty sure what they charged since I got guages, added the shifter and suspension to it. I want to say parts,
Blower was $6400 which included the intercooler, MAF and39# injectors.
Guages $300
Shifter $200
Suspension $900-$1000 can't remember exactly
Labor must have been $1000-$1200. They had 4 people on my car and by the time I finished the tour, the suspension and intercooler were already on the car. Man they work fast.

total bill was $9000. Keep in mind they have lowered the price of the kit substantially since I bought this almosta year ago.