Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Pypes MidMuffler and Pypes O/R H

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2007, 06:34 PM
VerginaStang
3rd Gear Member

Default Pypes MidMuffler and Pypes O/R H

Hello all,
Decided to swap out the SLP's (for sale) for the Pypes Mid Muffler system, and got an O/R H while I was at it.
Heres a Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKLTYWX8d9I

I'm not really biased bc I have never been a fan of the exhaust tone on these cars compared to older mustangs... but this is the best sounding exhaust I've ever heard on an S197. Sounds even better in person, and in the car. Probably would sound awesome ona MT car bc even in the auto it burbles and gurgles
There are some fitment issues which my installer and myself were not happy about... but you get what you pay for.
Old 09-29-2007, 07:51 PM
aircare84
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Pypes MidMuffler and Pypes O/R H

Nice vid, sounds quite a bit louder than mine with the stock H.
You notice any gas smell without the cats?
Old 09-29-2007, 08:03 PM
PLstang
5th Gear Member

Sounds good, you should put some LT's on with that! I think you would really like it then!
Old 09-29-2007, 08:31 PM
buffboettcher
1st Gear Member

will removal of the cats cause you to fail inspections or anything like that?
Old 09-29-2007, 09:10 PM
damquick1
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: VerginaStang

Hello all,
Decided to swap out the SLP's (for sale) for the Pypes Mid Muffler system, and got an O/R H while I was at it.
Heres a Video:

I'm not really biased bc I have never been a fan of the exhaust tone on these cars compared to older mustangs... but this is the best sounding exhaust I've ever heard on an S197. Sounds even better in person, and in the car. Probably would sound awesome ona MT car bc even in the auto it burbles and gurgles
There are some fitment issues which my installer and myself were not happy about... but you get what you pay for.
I like it!, welcome to the Pypes Mid Muffler Fitment Modification Club...lol.....they do need some modification to get the fit perfect, but the sound is definately worth it. Have you noticed any drone while running the O/R H? Mine still has not picked up any drone, and I wondering with the O/R pipe if your getting any?
Old 09-30-2007, 01:53 AM
alloutt
4th Gear Member

2 cents
not bad
Old 09-30-2007, 10:42 AM
VerginaStang
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: damquick1

ORIGINAL: VerginaStang

Hello all,
Heres a Video:

I like it!, welcome to the Pypes Mid Muffler Fitment Modification Club...lol.....they do need some modification to get the fit perfect, but the sound is definately worth it. Have you noticed any drone while running the O/R H? Mine still has not picked up any drone, and I wondering with the O/R pipe if your getting any?
It is rattling like crazy. The sound is absolutely amazing though. I need to get the whole system re-adjusted.

As for drone.... I dont think so, but if there is, it sounds great Beware though... it is loud! Louder than SLP's, but it definately sounds like the car has "substance", rather than just loud. No raspyness at all though, very mean... even a couple of my buddies with 2-valves love the sound.
I went to a car show this morning, revved a couple of times and a bunch of guys with S197's came over and they thought i had headers. Just need to get the fitment issues squared away. Any advice??
Old 09-30-2007, 11:55 AM
damquick1
2nd Gear Member

Yeah I have mine adjusted perfectly, it took awhile though, no kidding, now I'm going to go get it all welded up. Biggest thing to check for is the clamps, make sure that the ends (where the bolts go) are not touching ANYTHING...or it will vibrate and drive you crazy, I had one that was barely touching the rear floor pan, sounded like a pissed off honey bee at 60mph, took me an hour to find out exactly where it was coming from because it wouldn't touch the spot when it was on jackstands.
Old 09-30-2007, 02:21 PM
dom92880
1st Gear Member

What did you guys have the most problems with? I recently had the mid-muffler system installed and I'm going to be putting on the OR H-pipe sometime next week. For a while I wasn't too sure that I wanted to remove the cats (even after I bought the pipe), but after hearing that clip I'm completely sold!!!
Old 09-30-2007, 03:06 PM
aircare84
3rd Gear Member

The only real issue I had with mine was the last pipe on the R/H side.The hangers should have been welded on about a 1/2- 1" more forward. I heated up the hanger rods & bent them to fit. Until I did that I had some misalignment on the tips.After a few 'tweaks' it's now where I'm happy with it.
The mufflers are real close to the gas tanks, but it is possible to shift the pieces around to get about 1/4-1/2" clearance, thats about all you'll get.

Quick Reply: Pypes MidMuffler and Pypes O/R H