Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

AB Sound diff with LT's and HFCATS

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2007, 07:02 PM
Nelsta21
1st Gear Member

Default AB Sound diff with LT's and HFCATS

I know there are way too many discussions on exhaust, sound qualities and opinions, ect. I know we all like different things, but I was curious to ask those of you that have bought an axel back, then added LT's and high flow cats to the difference in sound. Is it just louder after the LT's are installed? I just dont want to go buy some AB's, then in six months install LT's and high flow cats and not like the sound. Any insight would be great. What setups do you LT guys run?

One more question has to do with emission law. I understand that every state is different and I live in Arizona. I was wondering whether LT's are legal in most states or not. I would get the high flow cats mo matter what cus I know that the off road H and X pipes are illegal but are the LT illegal too? Would they throw off emmissions testing? I know most of you dont really care but I would hate to have to worry about changing out a header setup just for testing.
Old 09-29-2007, 08:37 PM
PLstang
5th Gear Member

Default RE: AB Sound diff with LT's and HFCATS

Well there are a ton of threads on the legality of exhaust mods, just do a search. It's really to hard to go into, short answer, you should be able to run LT's in Arizona. However, do a little more research talk to a local shop they should be able to give you some insight.

Will the sound change on the AB after the Lt's, in my opinion yes. However, it really just depends on what you get I guess. Mine did.

Not to be a jerk but the best thing to do is search on the individual products your looking at and see what others experience have been.

Good luck with the mod
Old 09-29-2007, 08:52 PM
onederful100
6th Gear Member

adding LT's wont make the emissions illegal but deleting the cats will. I added LT's and o/r x-pipeafter adding just AB and the result was a louder deeper sound, a definate improvement. but ask yourself if you are going to do FI down the line. if so the LT's will compliment the FI well.
Old 09-29-2007, 08:57 PM
Nelsta21
1st Gear Member

Yeah i know the search is there but I was trying to get some comments on those of you that have made the upgrade to the LT's and saw a change in your AB. Thanks onederful100 for your comment. I know that anything I do will probably work out, I just need to ask these questions before dropping the cash. I will do some searches but in the end it comes down to just buying the damn stuff and finding out for myself. Thanks guys.