Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Xcal II load question

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2007, 09:48 AM
woodygg
1st Gear Member

Default Xcal II load question

I'm getting my Xcal II and tunes tomorrow from brenspeed and just wanted to make sure
if I need to do anything like pulling fuses or battery before loading?
I'm a old guy and this is all new to me.
I have a 07 GT 5/speed stick.

Thanks
Woody
Old 10-02-2007, 10:16 AM
Simon1
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Xcal II load question

No need to unplaug anything.

1. Sit down in driver seat and plug into port about shin high on left side of driver cockpit.
2. Follow prompts to select the program you got from brenspeed.
3. It will upload and download all the programs automatically.

Enjoy.
Old 10-02-2007, 10:20 AM
Kamalyn
1st Gear Member

I had a similar question. I am getting my new CAI and Tune from Brenspeed this week. I had heard (and I couldn't find it in the 10,000,000 posts about this on these forums) that if the tune (or was it the tuner) you use doesn't match your computer code or something - that you can brick your computer. Is this true? And if it is, how do you verify that you are using the right one before you start?
Old 10-02-2007, 10:21 AM
Kryten

Woody,
No need to pull fuses or do anything with your battery. Just plug the Xcal in, follow the menu prompts (like
moving your key to the start position, but not starting) and your done. Make sure not to disconnect the cable
while the flashing process is going on. Only concern might be if you have and low battery, other that that very
easy to do. It will be like driving a different car after the tune is loaded. Have fun!!!
Old 10-02-2007, 10:32 AM
Kryten

Your tunes have been written foryour car's current strategy code.Since you recently provided this code to Brenspeed, no problem. When you take your car into the dealer for service, you will want to return it to stock. The technician may reflash your car and then you will have a different strategy code. If you try to reload your tunes, you will have problems. All you need to do though is to use the Xcal to check the current strategy code after you get the car back. If the code is the same, you can reload your tunes. If not, you will needto contact Brenspeed for revised tune files for the new strategy code.

ORIGINAL: Kamalyn

I had a similar question. I am getting my new CAI and Tune from Brenspeed this week. I had heard (and I couldn't find it in the 10,000,000 posts about this on these forums) that if the tune (or was it the tuner) you use doesn't match your computer code or something - that you can brick your computer. Is this true? And if it is, how do you verify that you are using the right one before you start?
Old 10-02-2007, 08:15 PM
woodygg
1st Gear Member

I gave him my PCM code: EVX1.
I bought the car new and nver had it back to the dealer yet but how can I be sure
it was never changed?
Thanks
Woody
Old 10-02-2007, 08:23 PM
22kart22
4th Gear Member

I'm pretty sure they would put a new sticker on
Old 10-02-2007, 08:49 PM
sycd
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 22kart22

I'm pretty sure they would put a new sticker on
I wouldn't bet my PCM on it.

Here's what I'd do to be sure:

1. order your tuner, tunes and intake with the code that's on the sticker on your PCM
2. before you program the car, plug the programmer in, read the actual strategy code
3. there's a table posted on most forums which lists all the computer codes with the corresponding strategy codes. Get that table, and make sure your actual strategy corresponds to the computer code on the sticker on your PCM
4. if everything matches, you should be good to go, if not, contact your tuner for an updated tune.
Old 10-03-2007, 10:25 AM
ffk_pennywise
3rd Gear Member

somebody got the linky for that? i just got my xcal from brenspeed yesterday and i'd like to check before i load this weekend.
Old 10-03-2007, 11:13 AM
Mikes_BLK_GT
4th Gear Member

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=53817

Quick Reply: Xcal II load question