Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

NEED HELP!! NITROUS DETINATION!!

Old 10-07-2007, 11:22 PM
SRT lol
1st Gear Member

Default NEED HELP!! NITROUS DETINATION!!

Ok so im having a problem with detination. My current mods r S&B intake, Pypes axle backs, Pypes O/R X pipe and a DynoTune nitrous kit. Im running a 100 shot. I have an SCT Tunner and the tunes are from Brenspeed. I have a 100 Shot tune and a 125 shot tune.... Ok so when im running my nitrous it pulls good thru second and most of third but when i hit about 4k i start detinating really bad!! So tune try and eliminat this i put on the 125 shot tune with the 100 shot and still i get the detination but not as much. Then i changed my fuel jet to the 125 shot and left the nitrous jet as the 100 shot. And the car pulled much harder but i still get the detination. I can't even touch 4th witht the nitrous on cause the car starts detinating so bad!!!! Does anyone know what the problem can be??? Any sugestions will really help. Thanks.
Old 10-07-2007, 11:41 PM
SRT lol
1st Gear Member

Default RE: NEED HELP!! NITROUS DETINATION!!

Any body have and suggestions??
Old 10-07-2007, 11:47 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

you are suppose to use different plugs for this....
Old 10-08-2007, 12:19 AM
SRT lol
1st Gear Member

When i talked to brenspeed they said the stock plugs r safe with a 100 shot.
Old 10-08-2007, 11:00 AM
Johnnie D
2nd Gear Member

I was told you need the HT0 plugs even with a 100 shot, seems like a 75 shot is ok for stock plugs...but i am only in the research phase right now...nitrous is coming soon to my car
Old 10-08-2007, 12:37 PM
05zexstang
1st Gear Member

you definitly need to change your spark plugs when running any nitrous. I have been running this nitrous kit for about a year and with HTO plugs. No detonation. That is the problem. I don't know how much they cost now but when I bought them they were about 90$ for 8. Good luck.
Old 10-08-2007, 12:59 PM
DROCKOFTX
2nd Gear Member

I ran a 100 shot for almost a year with the stock plugs no issues at all. I changed them when I was planning on upping the shot and they looked perfect when I pulled them out. It wouldn't hurt to change them but maybe you need to take out a couple of degrees of timing. It could be your fuel pump isn't keeping up but that is unlikely. The stock pump should easily be good for 100. I would pull 2 degrees of timing and try that first.
Old 10-08-2007, 02:08 PM
PLstang
5th Gear Member

Change the plugs to HT0. I believemy Zex paperwork says the stock plugs are good for 75 shot and thats it. I'm not sure why Brent would say stock is good to a 100 shot, not saying he's wrong or anything. Who knows. However, I would pull the plugs and read them, you probably need to change to a colder plug.

My guess is the reason why your not having a problem in the lower gears is the stock plugs haven't heated up enough to start detonating yet. Many things I've read say that the plug problem will present itself more prominently when you spray for longer periods and the plug strap has a chance to get good and hot from the added heat of the combustion under Nitrous. When you pull the plugs I think your gonna find the straps are ate up.

I was looking for a picture of the stock plugs I used to spray a 125 shot a couple times while I waitting on the back ordered HT0 but I can't find it. One of the straps was almost completely gone![:@]

Then agian I could be completely wrong.
Old 10-08-2007, 10:26 PM
Mellowdien
3rd Gear Member

+1 on the spark plugs, and maybe something with the fuel pump?
Old 10-08-2007, 11:59 PM
SRT lol
1st Gear Member

Thanks guys i really appreciat the help. I will try the HT0 plugs and see how that goes.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: NEED HELP!! NITROUS DETINATION!!