Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

WOW!!.... washing my car

Old 10-08-2007, 10:12 PM
thaztrain35
2nd Gear Member

Default WOW!!.... washing my car

So ive had my gt about 2 weeks, the first week i just took it to the auto car washes (bad idea)..
the ones around me suck they dont even clean right......

so this week i decided allright ill just wash it myself no biggie... so everything going fine and when i get to drying it, i cant find my shammy*** so i just used a soft normal towell (WORSE IDEA)....
by doing this, i ended up having little white spots from the towell EVERYWHERE on my car [:@][:@][:@][:@]!!!!

So 2morow im going to buy all new carwash parts.. do those microfiber towells work?
tell me how you guys wash your gts! thankss.
Old 10-08-2007, 10:19 PM
Wally39
4th Gear Member

Default RE: WOW!!.... washing my car

I've heard nothing but good things about micro fiber towels. It won't scratch your car.
Old 10-08-2007, 10:22 PM
onederful100
6th Gear Member

what i do is after i wash it i drive around the block (real fast) then dry and wax w/ micro fiber. bought a bunch from costco for 10 bucks for 20 towels.
Old 10-08-2007, 10:26 PM
batmobile2005
2nd Gear Member

dude, i love the mr clean no touch dry system thing. there may be something better out there, but man does it do a freaking amazing job, and that says a lot coming from a guy with a black car, you notice every little speck on a black car
Old 10-08-2007, 10:38 PM
07BLACKGT
5th Gear Member

Well,
Ever since I got my mustang new I have hand wahsed it every week. Until last week, I got too sick of washing it... its such a pain, especially with black. Now i'm taking to a touchless wash and then going home and doing the wheels etc...

Anyways, to answer your question...
Some of the microfiber towels left really bad swirl marks on my black car. So I went back to Wal*mart (lol) and I got somedrying cloth, its kind of like a shammy thing except you dont have to wet it and all that nonsense before you use it. It works really good, I forgot what it's called but it comes in a round plastic tube. (alot of help I know) And then I found some of the softest detailing cloths they had for getting out any water spots left behind. The end result is great.

Oh yeah, and this might sound crazy but I actually have to wash one section at a time and then dry that section before moving to the next.... black... grr.[:@]
Old 10-08-2007, 10:42 PM
godminus1
2nd Gear Member

After I wash the car I use a California Silicon water blade to get the majority of the water off the car. Then I go back over the corners with"The Absorber"synthetic shammy. That picks up all the leftover water and gets rid of any water spots. Saves alot of towels, and works a million times better.
Old 10-08-2007, 10:44 PM
onederful100
6th Gear Member

i've had my GT for 6 months and washed it 2 times. i dont take it out in the rain and drive it 2 times a week. i wipe it down and polish every week. i dont take it to the car wash, when it comes to the GT i trust no one.
Old 10-08-2007, 10:49 PM
Wally39
4th Gear Member

That's what I have is the Absorber and the silicon blade I keep in my trunk. They work damn good together.
Old 10-08-2007, 11:02 PM
mlcrycc
5th Gear Member

Regular micro fiber, waffle weave micro fiber, and micro fiber made for glass......Those are my mainstays........

By the way, any issue using those silicone blades on vinyl stripes??? Just curious.....
Old 10-08-2007, 11:06 PM
Wally39
4th Gear Member

Damn nice looking car! By the way, no I haven't had any issues anyway.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: WOW!!.... washing my car