Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

My throttle delay comments...

Old 10-11-2007, 08:09 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

Default RE: My throttle delay comments...

venom, who did your tune?
Old 10-11-2007, 08:41 PM
MustangEsq
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: howarmat

Yeah i did the gas pedal trick a couple days ago....nothing different, but like i stated, i do not feel that my tune has really lost anything either
I hear that alot from you manual guys....I think it is more noticeable on autos...
Old 10-11-2007, 10:56 PM
v6VenoM
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: howarmat

venom, who did your tune?

Doug did my tune. And he even sent me an updated tune because I called and told him I still had lag. No difference.
Old 10-12-2007, 10:23 AM
ski
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: v6VenoM

Doug did my tune. And he even sent me an updated tune because I called and told him I still had lag. No difference.
Did his updated tune contain this revision?
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showpo...p;postcount=62
Old 10-12-2007, 03:37 PM
v6VenoM
3rd Gear Member

No it didn't. Do you think I can contact him and get that?
Old 10-12-2007, 03:50 PM
v6VenoM
3rd Gear Member

I just called Doug and he sent me a new tune. He disabled the adaptive learning feature for me. I hope this cures the problem. I am going to install this tune as soon as I get home and see if it makes a difference. SKI thanks a lot for that info, I really appreciate it.

Mike
Old 10-12-2007, 04:03 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

Being able to turn the adaptive learning feature for the auto trans should help them out alot....I think this is why the manuals dont seem to have the lag problem return once turned, its one less thing that the CPU cant change.
Old 10-12-2007, 08:12 PM
Mikes_BLK_GT
4th Gear Member

I havnt experienced this yet but most of my driving is city. I do hit highway speeds for a couple of miles but thats about it. I have multpile tunes and switching to me isnt that big of a deal, infact it can be fun. I have no throttle lag, when I step on the gas it goes. As far as my post count well I tend to spend a lot of time on this forum so that fact I have that many posts just shows I'm active on the forum nothing more. There are people who know alot more than I do and people who know a lot less, post count has nothing to do with it.
Old 10-13-2007, 09:57 AM
ski
4th Gear Member

You're welcome.
Old 10-14-2007, 08:31 AM
GT John
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: grampa_stang

Now, the dead pedal space is a different story...tune can't fix that one.

Thats a mechanical issue that can be easily corrected. (without removing the gas pedal).

The way I corrected mine was to cut a piece of aluminum approx. 1" square (I cut up one of those small aluminum placks that you get at car shows - dont know the thickness). Bend 3/16" of one end to approx a 22.5 deg angle.
Get in the car, lay on the floor push the gas pedal down so that you can insert the new piece. To hold the piece in place you can use a piece of that 100mph UPS tape.
Start the car, let it come down to idle speed. If the engine does not come down to idle, then you know the thickness of the piece is too much. Or, if you still have a dead space then you know you need a thicker piece of material.
Everytime you start your engine the ECM determines what is zero gas pedal position.

No more dead space in the gas pedal here.

The other method requires surgery of the gas pedal unit. I cant go there, eyes are bad and cant hold my hands steady enough.

Just to keep in line with this threads topic.............my car has no hesitation. When I push down on the gas pedal..........it goes.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: My throttle delay comments...