Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Blowers, convince me

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2007, 11:49 AM
slySTANGguy
2nd Gear Member

Default Blowers, convince me

You dont need to convince me that blowers are full of power...i mean come on, thats awesome. But which one to get. I dont want to make my choice based on opinions, i was hoping people could present me with some facts. Technical Data that says why the saleen is not as good as the whipple, why the roush dwindles behind. Supercharger talk i guess. Be as technical as possible, teach me somethign. Thats what i am looking for, and teach other pepole on here a thing or two also. (hopefully this post wont go unanswered, hate when that happens, so i just want to thank everyone now who replies)

Thanks
Old 10-11-2007, 11:54 AM
06gt5spd
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Blowers, convince me

Very good question, I was also going to ask the same thing. I'm very interested in hearing what everyone has to say. I'm currently leaning pretty heavily towards the KB but it never hurts to shop around.
Old 10-11-2007, 12:04 PM
Pwny
4th Gear Member

Twin screws are more efficient. Roots tend to spurt air into the engine while twin screws have a constant stream of air due to the screw design. Twin screws are prone to "whine" under acceleration due to the gear drive. However, this sound is FANTASTIC. If you wish to stay away from this sound, I believe the Saleen blower is almost silent. If you still don't know what I'm talking about, youtube Whipple, or KB to find out!

Centri's tend to have some lag since they aren't ramming air directly into your engine, but they do have a high top end pull. Centri's do require a hole to be punched into your oil pan for lubrication, although I think Paxton 'chargers are leaning away from that. Centri's tend to have a turbo whine.

If you want to go with the twin screw, stick to KB, Whipple, or Saleen. For Centri's, Paxton, Procharger, and Vortech are the people to talk to.

Also, whatever you do, GET AN INTERCOOLER.

Hopefully that helped.
Old 10-11-2007, 12:07 PM
MexGT
5th Gear Member

Twin screw all the way IMO
Old 10-11-2007, 12:16 PM
06Saleen3V
6th Gear Member

It seems that twinscrews are working more efficiently on these cars...Saleen seems to be the more conservative (lower psi) s/c while whipple and kb seem to be the "big boys" of the supercharger world for the S197's. To get the best info, go to different websites and read up on their designs, etc.
Old 10-11-2007, 12:17 PM
acascianelli
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MexGT

Twin screw all the way IMO
+1

If I was supercharging my car, I would get a twin screw supercharger instead of roots type superchargers like the Roush and Saleen. But I think that the Saleen supercharger is the best looking one available.

Twin screw > Roots
Old 10-11-2007, 12:20 PM
06Saleen3V
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: acascianelli
roots type superchargers like the Roush and Saleen.
Saleen is a twinscrew bud
Old 10-11-2007, 12:37 PM
acascianelli
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 06Saleen3V

ORIGINAL: acascianelli
roots type superchargers like the Roush and Saleen.
Saleen is a twinscrew bud
It is? Damn, my bad. I thought the only twin screw supercharger for our cars was a Whipple or KB.
Old 10-11-2007, 01:00 PM
sevenleaf
3rd Gear Member

No one can answer this question really they all are different. It's like what shoe should I buy reebok or Nike? I would go to the website read what they say search the forums and make your decision. You can see people on the site have different suggestions, most people favor the one they bought. I love my saleen but if you got the cash why not redo the engine piston/rods ect. And go with as much PSI as you can get?
Old 10-11-2007, 01:20 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

which one to get is generally based
on your requirements.

too tired to teach right now, but if i hear
your requirements, i'll point you in the
right direction

ORIGINAL: slySTANGguy

You dont need to convince me that blowers are full of power...i mean come on, thats awesome. But which one to get. I dont want to make my choice based on opinions, i was hoping people could present me with some facts. Technical Data that says why the saleen is not as good as the whipple, why the roush dwindles behind. Supercharger talk i guess. Be as technical as possible, teach me somethign. Thats what i am looking for, and teach other pepole on here a thing or two also. (hopefully this post wont go unanswered, hate when that happens, so i just want to thank everyone now who replies)

Thanks

Quick Reply: Blowers, convince me