Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

I need your help super fast!

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2007, 09:04 PM
22kart22
4th Gear Member

Default I need your help super fast!

This is an email I just sent to Brenspeed. I think my programmer is defective. The wire twists all over (loose) and does not work anymore.

Ryan Kto customerservice[/align]show details[/align]9:59 pm (4 minutes ago)Hi! I received your package today and immediately installed the JLT2 and tried to tune the computer. I ordered an 87, 93, and valet tune, and after trying about 7 times finally got the 93 tune to work. I received an error message countless times, all of which frustrated me. Once I finally got the 93 tune loaded, I could definitely feel a difference!

However, I am very concerned. I just tried plugging in the sct2 and the screen was bank. Not even a sound was made. Nothing I did would turn on the programmer. I disconnected the tuner, and turned my key on the on position, I hear my fuel pump solenoid make a noise, but none of my dashboard lights or gauges lit up or moved. I haven't tried driving the car yet (since the last time I drove it about 20 minutes ago, but nothing seems to be working for me.) Maybe the programmer is defective, but for right now I can't do anything with my pony...(( - Show quoted text -[/align]
Old 10-11-2007, 09:08 PM
Texotic
5th Gear Member

Default RE: I need your help super fast!

dude, that sux! i have no idea other than waiting for a response....
Old 10-11-2007, 09:30 PM
onederful100
6th Gear Member

sorry to hear that. you say the wire's defective? shoule be under warranty. you might wanna try disconnect your negative battery for 5 min and reset your computer. if u already loaded your tune it should still be in there. i also had a similar problem when i dropped and broke my live wire and didnt have it for like 3 wks.
Old 10-11-2007, 09:31 PM
onederful100
6th Gear Member

you may have to reload the tune after you disconnect batery.
Old 10-11-2007, 09:54 PM
07BOSSGT_S197
2nd Gear Member

hmmm if you have a copy of the serial# in the email you sentfor your tuner check it against what it says on the back of your tuner. Also check it against what the catch code on your ECU. I had a similar issue w/a friend of mine....turned out the catch code and strategy code in the ECU and tuner afterthe tuner was reprogrammedweren't matching up...the ECU fried itself when he went to start the car all the way. Also did you take your car to a Ford dealership recently before you updated the tune in your programmer?
Old 10-11-2007, 10:25 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

i believe one of your fuses has blown, just
check them one by one....i forget which one
blows, when there's an obdII short.....

everything will be fine

ORIGINAL: 22kart22

This is an email I just sent to Brenspeed. I think my programmer is defective. The wire twists all over (loose) and does not work anymore.

Ryan Kto customerservice[/align]show details[/align]9:59 pm (4 minutes ago)Hi! I received your package today and immediately installed the JLT2 and tried to tune the computer. I ordered an 87, 93, and valet tune, and after trying about 7 times finally got the 93 tune to work. I received an error message countless times, all of which frustrated me. Once I finally got the 93 tune loaded, I could definitely feel a difference!

However, I am very concerned. I just tried plugging in the sct2 and the screen was bank. Not even a sound was made. Nothing I did would turn on the programmer. I disconnected the tuner, and turned my key on the on position, I hear my fuel pump solenoid make a noise, but none of my dashboard lights or gauges lit up or moved. I haven't tried driving the car yet (since the last time I drove it about 20 minutes ago, but nothing seems to be working for me.) Maybe the programmer is defective, but for right now I can't do anything with my pony...(( - Show quoted text -[/align]
Old 10-12-2007, 05:48 AM
22kart22
4th Gear Member

Thanks guys!

Hammeron, you are correct-blown fuse. Nothing on my dashbard works, so I guess I have to drive blind today.

Where is the fuse box? The low-power fuse box. It says behind the passesngers kick board or something. I looked for 1/2 of an hour!
Old 10-12-2007, 05:56 AM
alloutt
4th Gear Member

passenger side where your feet go on the right side You have to remove a plastic piece to get to it.
Old 10-12-2007, 05:58 AM
22kart22
4th Gear Member

yes! Thanks so much!
Old 10-12-2007, 06:01 AM
22kart22
4th Gear Member

NOPE. ALl I have is a shaker box cover, and that requires two screws to come out!

Quick Reply: I need your help super fast!