Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Need more top end horsepower for the GT

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2007, 09:56 PM
GrabberO07

Default RE: Need more top end horsepower for the GT

ORIGINAL: ptaylor

Thanks for all the suggestions... but I am not familiar with all the acronyms... can someone tell me what CMCV is?
Also, I did get a tune using the Diablo Predator, but it was the somewhat mild 87 octane tune - it did make for a big improvement though.
Ptaylor

Your tunes from your predetor are what we call "Canned tunes" basically tunes for any car. You need one that is specific to your car and your modifications. You will see a noticable difference between a tune from brenspeed or Bamachips...than just a tune that came in your preditor that you baught.

CMCV stands for Charge Motion control .... They retrict airflow and are locacted underneath your intake... the CMCV delete plates are a 30min install... are cheap and will net you around 7-12 rear wheel HP. Underdrive pulleys are another 45min install ...are under an hour install and will net you another 7-10 rear wheel HP gain. As for the Throttle body... stay away from aftermarket throttle bodies... not worth it... that article doesnt mean squat... real world gains have been a big zero-to minimal and have caused more problems than they are worth. If your dealership is hassleing you on mods.... find another ford dealership...mine could care less and jumps out of there chairs to see what Ive added to the car.

I would suggest....
Off road X pipe or H pipe exhaust (off road means it has no catylitic converters)
Underdrive pulleys
CMCV delete plates
4.10 gears
new tune from Bamachips or Brenspeed ...custom to your car and your mods....

That should give you a great pic up!!!!
Old 10-13-2007, 11:31 PM
GotMunchies?
1st Gear Member

"Damn Mazda?"
"Some Mazda?"

What the ****, gents? That "damnable Mazda" is a righteously ****ing awesome car. With a series twin-turbo charged 1.3l Wankel, a curb weight several hundred pounds less than the S197 GT, and a double wishbone suspension front and rear, the FD RX-7 is a seriously fast car. Give it the respect it deserves.

But yeah, if you're looking for the absolute best bang for your buck to increase acceleration - get shorter gears.
Old 10-14-2007, 03:52 PM
06Saleen3V
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ptaylor
stock 05 GT had a CAI and the BBK throttle body added, and just from that they dyno'd it at 328 RWHP...
no f*cking way