Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

JDM motor mounts - question

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2007, 10:14 AM
PROMETHEUS PRIME
5th Gear Member

Default RE: JDM motor mounts - question

Hope Steeda helps you better then they did us. They didn't car that their hood bowed on us. Pretty much got an oh well.
Old 10-19-2007, 10:16 AM
07SCGT
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: sevenleaf

I use those motor mounts and I use the saleen inlet tube. I feel only a little more vibration then before, I'm sure thats due to the kooks lt/headers and offroad xpype, the vibration I feel now I really don't mind. When I turn the key I love the feeling of my car coming to life.
I don't have motor mounts and I am running shorty headers. I don't have any clearance issues, but the performance shop that put in the headers warned me that they have had long tubes that had clearance issues on the firewall side of the pipesW/ the use of motor mounts.
Old 10-19-2007, 10:26 AM
sevenleaf
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 07SCGT

I use those motor mounts and I use the saleen inlet tube. I feel only a little more vibration then before, I'm sure thats due to the kooks lt/headers and offroad xpype, the vibration I feel now I really don't mind. When I turn the key I love the feeling of my car coming to life.
I don't have motor mounts and I am running shorty headers. I don't have any clearance issues, but the performance shop that put in the headers warned me that they have had long tubes that had clearance issues on the firewall side of the pipesW/ the use of motor mounts.
No issues here installation only took 4 hours would have been shorter but people wouldn't stop coming over. Hopefully my buddy can fit me in to dyno today like why not it's my birthday !
Old 10-19-2007, 10:30 AM
RF2.1
2nd Gear Member

How long did you have your hood before it began to bow? Just asking out of curiousity, as I've had mine for about 2 1/2 months and it looks fine. May be something I need to keep an eye open for.

David

ORIGINAL: PROMETHEUS PRIME

Hope Steeda helps you better then they did us. They didn't car that their hood bowed on us. Pretty much got an oh well.
Old 10-19-2007, 11:09 AM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

If anyone is interested I put my mounts on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com:80/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180170935295&s sPageName=ADME:LSS:MOTORS:1123

I still can't see paying jdm $60 more just to cut the poly bushings.
Old 10-19-2007, 11:13 AM
PROMETHEUS PRIME
5th Gear Member

Had it for a few months before it showed up.
You can see it in this picture.
Old 10-19-2007, 11:14 AM
sevenleaf
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: moosestang

http://cgi.ebay.com:80/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180170935295&s sPageName=ADME:LSS:MOTORS:1123

These ? http://www.prothane.com/I assumed this company made them and JDM purchased them. My motor mounts look identical to the ones on prothane.com
Old 10-19-2007, 11:21 AM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Yes those. The jdm mounts are those, but with the bushings cut shorter to give you a 1/2 inch drop

ORIGINAL: moosestang

These ? http://www.prothane.com/I assumed this company made them and JDM purchased them. My motor mounts look identical to the ones on prothane.com
Old 10-22-2007, 12:02 PM
RF2.1
2nd Gear Member

Here's the reply I just got from Steeda:

The Saleen blower will fit under our hood no problem with no cutting of anything needed.We have not had any problem with fitment with the Saleen S/C.[/align][/align]Stephen Kish
Steeda Sales
Curiouser and curiouser. Not sure if I should believe them or not, as at least one other person has had problems with the exact same hood that I have. Arghh[:@]

David
Old 10-23-2007, 02:26 PM
JimIII@JDM
1st Gear Member

Well we only say they are required with the C&L racer tube because it is physically taller and hits the hood. The mounts drop them down enough to clear plenty under the hood. The reason for the Extra cost is because we have labor to disassemble them, cut them on our machine then reassemble them.

They are a great fit the Prothane Mounts, and have an excellent ride quality and feel. You can really tell a difference driving with them in the car.

JimIII

Quick Reply: JDM motor mounts - question