Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

HELP! IM LOSING SLEEP....WHAT SHOULD I DO??

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2007, 08:52 AM
PLstang
5th Gear Member

Default RE: HELP! IM LOSING SLEEP....WHAT SHOULD I DO??

I can't give you any advice on how to get rid of the modding bug (as you can tell from mysig).

However, I'd do the gears next.
Old 10-15-2007, 09:18 AM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Take 2 sleep aids, then go to the bank the next morning, withdraw ALL your $$ and get crazy buying stuff. I'll send you my bill.
Old 10-15-2007, 10:41 AM
RED121572
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 06Saleen3V

It seems like most of the members on these forums have the same advice to save your money and go FI. The basic bolt-ons are essential in my opinion (CAI, A/B exhaust, midpipe) and a tune. After these, save for a supercharger or turbo.
I agree. If you can wing it, save for a hairdryer or blower and be done with it. Like most in here, its not in my best financial interest for a blower, so just stick with the bolt ons.
Old 10-15-2007, 11:47 AM
okbfd
4th Gear Member

When you look at the $$ starting with FI makes a lot of sense. Otherwise you wasted your money on CAI/tune. For not much more than the whole shebang of bolt ons......you coulda had a blower Wish I had done it [&:]
Old 10-15-2007, 01:00 PM
craezjo
2nd Gear Member

take some tylenol pm
Old 10-15-2007, 01:31 PM
onederful100
6th Gear Member

gotta have a plan. if u dont have a plan you are just throwing your money into the wind. whether it be FI or bolt ons, show or go, you gotta do what YOU gotta do. my plan is simple : do mods that 1. make more power, 2. look good, 3. sound better. trying to stay away from FI for now bc plan to get a fox body or sn95 for daily driver so i'm saving money. my advise would be get a plan first.
Old 10-15-2007, 03:48 PM
soldier boy
1st Gear Member

I started with the cleared out turn signals all the way around..and the tinted tail light covers cuz i got a black gt...then oredered a boom tube axleback exhaust and my babys in the states im in iraq havent even sat in it yet ,,,, I cant wait .....I also am ordering the sct livewire and c&l racer intake in a week and getting the windows tinted in a week as well next after that will be suspension TBD on what kind ......so yeah I got me a plan figure out in what order u want what done I got all the stuff i wanted right away and what ever i want most next i will get next
Old 10-20-2007, 07:46 PM
Tormentor
2nd Gear Member

Well I went ahead and got my 373 gears installed yesterday, moving on track to what I want from my car. All exterior mods have been done, now working on performance.
Old 10-20-2007, 08:41 PM
RF2.1
2nd Gear Member

This forum is great for making you save money...so you canbuy really expensive stuff with your savings I agree with what some others have said: decide where you want to go with your car, then buy or save up for what you really want. While I've been pleased with my C&L CAI, in retrospect, it was money that could've been put towards the supercharger I'm saving up for now.

David
Old 10-20-2007, 11:19 PM
Briscoe
2nd Gear Member

I had a brenspeed tune/CAI on order for 3 days, I called, cancelled it, and got the saleen 500+ supercharger. It puts a huge grin in my face every time I drive it. It cost a lot of cash and trouble from the wife. But it was absolutly worth it.

Quick Reply: HELP! IM LOSING SLEEP....WHAT SHOULD I DO??