Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

I got pull over and give a warning for my loud (Stock) exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2007, 06:51 PM
slvrstang2007
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: I got pull over and give a warning for my loud (Stock) exhaust

The cops around here just got brand new chargers, they look pretty stupid and dont have the hemmi, anytime I pull up next to them I wanna step on the gas and blow by them, I hate dodge and not to fond of cops but what you gonna do...[:@][:@][:@]
Old 10-18-2007, 09:23 AM
badhorsie

ORIGINAL: surfbum7190

the guy that started this post has very poor english
big +1
Old 10-19-2007, 09:27 AM
cdub
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: slvrstang2007

The cops around here just got brand new chargers, they look pretty stupid and dont have the hemmi, anytime I pull up next to them I wanna step on the gas and blow by them, I hate dodge and not to fond of cops but what you gonna do...[:@][:@][:@]
Haha I know what u mean. Too bad the charger cops around here actually do have the hemi so it would be a little harder to blow them away. And then there is the age old saying that you can't outrun motorola...2 bad because my encounters with cops in the past 6 months has caused me to lose respect for cops around here because of their tendancies to write frivolous and bull **** tickets.

Old 10-19-2007, 11:34 AM
Maverick9110E
2nd Gear Member

lol my fun cop story was i was driving home one night from the GF's house. I was on Route 80 for a good portion of it doing about 75-80mph (the normal flow of traffic around here) then i got off on my exit then got on a long *** normal 2 lane road where the speed limit is 45. i was prob. doing about 60ish. it was about 11:30 at night there was no lights behind me at all and my radar detector was on, and then all of a sudden these headlights came up behind me and i was like WTF?! so i downshifted to slow the car down to about 55-50 (what everyone does on that road) then the overhead lights come on and i get pulled over. Two cops get out of the car, and the one goes..."having some fun tonight?" im like wtf. um Not really, why whats the problem? he's like "you were speeding, (with a real ******* attitude mind you)" so he says to me, " i had to do 75mph just to catch you, thats a problem" im thinking to myself. NO **** SHERLOCK, if i was doin 40mph and passed you and you wanted to catch up to me quick youd have to do that anyway. Long story short, i knew the F**k didnt use his radar so he had no idea how fast i was going, then after he see's im on the Fire Department proceedes to ell me " don't let me catch you again"
so i just pulled away shaking my head
Old 10-19-2007, 01:07 PM
WFdeac11

Haha.... i haven't had any trouble outta cops since i got my GT... but a year ago I had a 05 v6. One night I was driving to a friends house. My friend had an old nissan 4 cylinder truck and pulled up beside me at a light. He was reving up and joking around, so when the light went green, he spun his tires. I didn't rev up or spin tires... just took off fairly quickly (not extremly fast... haha.. if you even consider v6's as "fast"). Within 5 seconds a cop was behind me with his lights running. Hey... it was dark and i couldn't see him. He pulled me over b*tched me out first for not pulling over sooner. (I didn't want to stop right after a main intersection. Traffic would've been completely stopped, so i pulled into the next store) and asked me why i was racing... when in fact i never even came close to breaking the speed limit. Long story short he wrote me a warning ticket and told me he liked my car. lol
Old 10-20-2007, 07:52 AM
nymustangGT

ORIGINAL: moosestang

Your exhaust is stock? Stock exhaust doesn't have a ford emblem.

I hate correcting people but last night when I took my stock exhaust off the mufflers were stamped with the FORD emblemon the bottom partnear the tailpipe.
Old 10-21-2007, 03:28 AM
ccpoole

most likely if you were taking off, the cop just heard your intake and thought it was your exhaust.