Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Delete plates or O/R H pipe?

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2007, 05:28 PM
jbs07stang
1st Gear Member

Default Delete plates or O/R H pipe?

Which one of these mods offers the most seat of your pants gain in power?
Old 10-17-2007, 05:42 PM
06Saleen3V
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Delete plates or O/R H pipe?

ORIGINAL: jbs07stang

Haha honestly, you are not going to feel any seat of your pants power out of either of these mods. The delete plates will give you maybe 2-3 more hp than the H-pipe will, but the o/r H-pipe will give a rediculously awesome sound. I would take the H-pipe over the DP's anyday...
EDIT: spelling
Old 10-17-2007, 05:48 PM
rshamekh
4th Gear Member

I'm installing both this weekend along with the UDP's

Will let u know then .. Can't wait!!
Old 10-17-2007, 06:15 PM
onederful100
6th Gear Member

i'm with 06saleen3v on this one, dont expect much hp gains from either one, but the o/r h pipe will get a great sound improvement which is a heck of a bonus.
Old 10-17-2007, 06:54 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

Honestly you will feel like you lost some power when you add the h pipe.....you are losing some low end torq with it but you do gain 5ish in the higher RPM....the delete plates give you maybe 7 but you have to have a tune for the delete plates also.
Old 10-17-2007, 07:26 PM
Stoenr
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: howarmat

Honestly you will feel like you lost some power when you add the h pipe.....you are losing some low end torq with it but you do gain 5ish in the higher RPM....the delete plates give you maybe 7 but you have to have a tune for the delete plates also.
Interesting, I've never heard of that with the H pipe. usually its the opposite, the delete plates cause a slight loss on low end. (from what I have read)

I was able to trim .3 seconds from my 1/4 with O/R H, and drag radials. .2 going for the tires my 2.0's dropped to 1.8's. and about a .1 gain from the H.
Never felt any power loss.
Old 10-17-2007, 07:53 PM
06Saleen3V
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Stoenr

ORIGINAL: howarmat

Interesting, I've never heard of that with the H pipe. usually its the opposite, the delete plates cause a slight loss on low end. (from what I have read)

I was able to trim .3 seconds from my 1/4 with O/R H, and drag radials. .2 going for the tires my 2.0's dropped to 1.8's. and about a .1 gain from the H.
Never felt any power loss.
Im with stoenr on this one...I have never heard of the H-pipe losing torque, I know for a fact it doesn't gain any...I am pretty damn sure the DP's lose torque
Old 10-17-2007, 08:10 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

You will lose backpressure, which leads to loss of torque....same principle of switching axleback, many people state they feel like the lost power.....they do lose torq since the flow is alittle better....but no power loss
Old 10-17-2007, 08:58 PM
danGT06
3rd Gear Member

+1 After installing both the O/R H-pipe and delete plates with a tune I got 14rwhp out of them. I did notice a slight seat of the pants gain in power. If I had to choose between them though it would definitely be the H-pipe for sound. Neither one is that significant.
ORIGINAL: 06Saleen3V

ORIGINAL: jbs07stang

Haha honestly, you are not going to feel any seat of your pants power out of either of these mods. The delete plates will give you maybe 2-3 more hp than the H-pipe will, but the o/r H-pipe will give a rediculously awesome sound. I would take the H-pipe over the DP's anyday...
EDIT: spelling
Old 10-17-2007, 09:37 PM
thaztrain35
2nd Gear Member

saleen.. you have the offroad with the boomtubes right?

Quick Reply: Delete plates or O/R H pipe?