Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

I want a new motor.

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2007, 11:04 PM
PROMETHEUS PRIME
5th Gear Member

Default RE: I want a new motor.

Well you're always welcome to come down and have them installed at my work. I've only done coilovers but it looks pretty straight forward. And after doing a truck for SEMA in 2 days it shouldn't be a problem.
Old 10-18-2007, 12:14 AM
explict
4th Gear Member

You got to be shiitting me!! 851 RWHP Twin Turbo on a STOCK 2004 Cobra motor?!!!!!! http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=-Jkwt79AxDQ

Oh and check this out I didnt think Dynos could handle this kind of power. man the car jumps! http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=-Jkwt79AxDQ

This one too...
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=W_6OG4xQEjQ
Old 10-18-2007, 12:26 AM
MexGT
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 07SCGT

ORIGINAL: MexGT

for the money .... i'd get a terminator engine or GT500 engine, even the termi engine is good for 850+ rwhp

http://youtube.com/watch?v=TP9H7QkNjMM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=XAcdgLj1_-0

ENJOY !!
I have called some shops around Arizona and they all said that the gt500 engine won't fit the Saleen blower that I already have. Basically the valley is wider and the blower won't fit. That was my first option too.

I am seriously thinking about the livernois shortblockmotor but just want some personal feedback fromn those that have that setup and any issues they encountered.
So the Saleen blower is stopping ya? uhmmmm i would sell all your engine including the SC or the entire car and start all over againsince you know whats your goal now, cuz the saleen is limited to around 15 psi, why would u want a badass engine that can handle easily 20+ psi if your blower cant? Either way, I would get a V6 stang and mod everything about it, thats what u're going to do in your GT anyway if you get into high PSI or RWHP #´s.... like all engine, trans, fuel delivery, rear end, suspension most likely, pretty much everything.
Or if u just want to stay around 13 psi in the saleen, then just forget everything I just wrote ! lol.
Old 10-18-2007, 09:34 AM
PROMETHEUS PRIME
5th Gear Member

You can always get the built motor, and when it's not enough with the Saleen swap it for a KB.
Old 10-18-2007, 10:00 AM
07SCGT
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: PROMETHEUS PRIME

You can always get the built motor, and when it's not enough with the Saleen swap it for a KB.
That's exact;ly what I was thinking. Either way I am keeping the car, I have too much invested in the stereo body kit etc to not get my money back is just not good sense. I am looking at what ford fan boy has I guess, I think he has a 2.6L KB with a livernois setup. I just need a reputable shop that will do quality work with machining the heads and doing the swap and will stand by their work. Again I really want to build a somewhat reliable DD so I am not looking at 18-20PSI boost....yet. 10-12 is plenty for me with the right setup I should still be at 600RWHP with the Saleen.
Old 10-18-2007, 10:08 AM
PROMETHEUS PRIME
5th Gear Member

Plus how can you go back on Saleen after their customer service helped out so much.
Old 10-18-2007, 10:38 AM
07SCGT
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: PROMETHEUS PRIME

Plus how can you go back on Saleen after their customer service helped out so much.
Exactly, I have met some pretty cool people in the past 2 weeks that work there. I will always stand by a company that stands by their product, they bent over backwards for me.

Hey Prime PM where you work, I really need/want to get those bags installed sooner than later.
Old 10-18-2007, 11:00 AM
PROMETHEUS PRIME
5th Gear Member

PM Sent.
Old 10-18-2007, 11:05 AM
07SCGT
2nd Gear Member

Got it. Thanks Jeff.

You've done some nice SEMA cars it looks like.
Old 10-18-2007, 11:10 AM
PROMETHEUS PRIME
5th Gear Member

We're finishing up an 08 Superduty right now that we started yesterday. 8 Lug Magazine was here taking pictures of the build. It'll be in the S&B intake booth at SEMA this year. Along with the Mustang in the DBA booth again.

Quick Reply: I want a new motor.