Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

FOR THOSE WITH EXHAUST QUESTIONS

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2007, 07:17 PM
PiggySmallz
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: FOR THOSE WITH EXHAUST QUESTIONS

i will be contributing an off road prochamber with borla stingers next weekend. i was going to install yesterday but ran into some other issues i need to deal with away from my car. im just worried living in new york with off road pipe...if i get into an accident can my insurance company avoid covering me becuase my car is technically not a legal car?
Old 10-21-2007, 07:21 PM
AmericanMuscle4.6GT
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: PiggySmallz

i will be contributing an off road prochamber with borla stingers next weekend. i was going to install yesterday but ran into some other issues i need to deal with away from my car. im just worried living in new york with off road pipe...if i get into an accident can my insurance company avoid covering me becuase my car is technically not a legal car?
if they do, then you have the worst insurance company on earth. no. they can make a case not to replace that part, though.
Old 10-21-2007, 07:34 PM
PiggySmallz
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: AmericanMuscle4.6GT

ORIGINAL: PiggySmallz

if they do, then you have the worst insurance company on earth. no. they can make a case not to replace that part, though.
just making sure...i have geico i dont want to call and ask lol i dont race people though so i'm not too worried. My cousin brought the question up to me today so it got me thinking. i'll post the video up thursday or friday, i'm going to install it wednesday night
Old 10-23-2007, 12:09 PM
batmobile2005
2nd Gear Member

i asked you a little while about corsa axle backs. corsa just came out with a new set for the gt 500, you think i should get that over the ones made for just the gt if im gonna supercharge my car?
Old 10-23-2007, 12:18 PM
06Saleen3V
6th Gear Member

And when is this exhaust guru going to even get an exhaust...
Old 10-23-2007, 12:32 PM
ApexStang
2nd Gear Member

What is everyone's thoughts about the Pypes O/R H Pipe and the Pypes Mid Muffler setup? I heard it on Brenspeed's website. I like the fact it moves the mufflers out of plain view. Not to mention the sound!
Old 10-23-2007, 01:59 PM
rshamekh
4th Gear Member

I got that rattly noise your talking about after adding an o/r h-pipe to my stingers!!

Is that normal? Because it's very annoying!!
Old 10-23-2007, 02:21 PM
AmericanMuscle4.6GT
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: batmobile2005

i asked you a little while about corsa axle backs. corsa just came out with a new set for the gt 500, you think i should get that over the ones made for just the gt if im gonna supercharge my car?
no. i don't understand why they came out with those. they're more expensive and sound much, much worse. the regular corsa axlebacks still sound fantastic. don't fix what ain't broken.

And when is this exhaust guru going to even get an exhaust...

sometime in december probably. or, maybe if people here want to buy me one, im all for thathahaha.

oddly enough, im still torn over what i want. as of now, its boomtubes. on faith. still haven't heard clips.

What is everyone's thoughts about the Pypes O/R H Pipe and the Pypes Mid Muffler setup? I heard it on Brenspeed's website. I like the fact it moves the mufflers out of plain view. Not to mention the sound!
i haven't heard them in person, but i'd really like to. also, SLP's, boomtubes, and any muffler delete makes it so you can't see the mufflers.........or lack thereof

Old 10-23-2007, 02:22 PM
AmericanMuscle4.6GT
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: rshamekh

I got that rattly noise your talking about after adding an o/r h-pipe to my stingers!!

Is that normal? Because it's very annoying!!

a rattling noise? no, thats not normal. probably something loose. maybe a blatting noise under WOT, but not a rattling noise.
Old 10-23-2007, 02:37 PM
rshamekh
4th Gear Member

Thanks, I'll try to check for possible leaking!!

EDIT: It's more like a resonating sound!! Does that make any difference?

Quick Reply: FOR THOSE WITH EXHAUST QUESTIONS