Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Mod Question for the GT guys : )

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2007, 09:43 PM
nobrakes
2nd Gear Member

Default Mod Question for the GT guys : )

Hey guysI just wanted to know where I would be at if I was to buyan 06 GT Automatic coupe and put on the following mods;VMP GT performance package(89 octane tune, VMP cai) and then buy a ...>< K&N pulley? Will I be sitting close to 290 or will I just be in the high 270's. Also will this cost about1 grand without labor fees?
I figure the jump will be from 260 - (275-280) with the tune/cai and an extra 8 horses from the pulley? I have no clue lol
Thanks in advance
Old 10-24-2007, 10:21 PM
ModernMuscle
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Mod Question for the GT guys : )

I think you mean steeda pullies. there is no K&N pulley (a pulley would be for a supercharger)
Dependign on their tune, the intake, and such, you should be at 270. (auto's have more parasitic loss than a manual)
Old 10-24-2007, 10:52 PM
nobrakes
2nd Gear Member

600 bucks for the vmp setup isn't too bad.
What would I be looking at with the Steeda Pulley?
Old 10-24-2007, 10:55 PM
TheDarkPath
3rd Gear Member

With my only power mods being C&L CAI and brenspeed 93 octane tune (at the time), Steeda Underdrive Pullies, and Corsa axle-back (most say these add no power)...I put down 287 rwhp. In case you missed my sig I have a 2006 Auto GT.

Not sure about all the corrections for dynojet dynos but the temps were in the 80s and high humidity (it was raining that day). I'm also at sea level.
Old 10-24-2007, 10:57 PM
nobrakes
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: TheDarkPath

With my only power mods being C&L CAI and brenspeed 93 octane tune (at the time), Steeda Underdrive Pullies, and Corsa axle-back (most say these add no power)...I put down 287 rwhp. In case you missed my sig I have a 2006 Auto GT.

Not sure about all the corrections for dynojet dynos but the temps were in the 80s and high humidity (it was raining that day). I'm also at sea level.
Sick setup man, Corsas are the sex when put on 4.6's : ) That probably ran you about 2 grand right? " if you dont mind me asking"
Old 10-24-2007, 11:07 PM
Texotic
5th Gear Member

you can get Corsa Axle-Backs from Brenspeed for around $650... $2grand maybe if you had the axle-backs, a new mid-pipe, and LT headers and had everything installed at a shop...
Old 10-24-2007, 11:11 PM
TheDarkPath
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: illegalstealth

ORIGINAL: TheDarkPath

Sick setup man, Corsas are the sex when put on 4.6's : ) That probably ran you about 2 grand right? " if you dont mind me asking"
And the Corsas get LOUD when put behind an off-road H haha. The Steeda UDPs were $200 shipped, the Corsas were $465 (i think) shipped, and the C&L + tuner was $760 or so shipped. All together it was about $1500. I installed it all myself so that only cost me time.

More important than rwhp...are 1/4 times (for me anyways). Here is my run-down.
1st trip to track in the GT with 500 miles and Corsas being the only mod: 13.908 (95 degrees with about 82% humidity)
After the UDP, LCAs, and radiator support/front swaybar delete: 13.50 (89 degrees and 74% humidity)
After C&L CAI and 93 octane tune: 13.007 (72 degrees and 55% humidity)
After off-road H pipe: 12.95 (71 degrees and 40% humidity)

As soon as I get my gears re-done and break them in, I'll have updated times for what I gained from the DRs, 4.10s, and winter weather.

Edit: I found my receipt for the Corsas haha...I got them before the price increase.
Old 10-24-2007, 11:13 PM
Texotic
5th Gear Member

oh my bad, lol... i didn't read it right... i thought he was under the impression that the corsa's were $2K...

where did you buy them that cost $535 shipped... i'm looking into getting them in the coming months...
Old 10-24-2007, 11:19 PM
TheDarkPath
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Texotic

oh my bad, lol... i didn't read it right... i thought he was under the impression that the corsa's were $2K...

where did you buy them that cost $535 shipped... i'm looking into getting them in the coming months...
It sounds suspect but I got the Corsas from autopartswarehouse.com for $465 shipped back in May of 2006. Most places want over $100 more than that now (autopartswarehouse.com now wants $760 for just the axle-back!!).
Old 10-24-2007, 11:22 PM
nobrakes
2nd Gear Member

Hmm I am going to sound like a noob, but what are LCAs? i know UDP is under drive pulley I know what a t-lok is, but LCAs are new to me.

Quick Reply: Mod Question for the GT guys : )