Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Question about the Whipple

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2007, 07:27 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Default RE: Question about the Whipple

Meth gives 2 major upgrades in one (large drop in intake temp and big increase in HP) and is used with the whipple from my tuners shop car at 15PSI with the H.O. intercooled kit. http://www.alternativeauto.com/waterbox/07shopcar.htmlI feel TS S/C's really benefit from cooling as they tend to run hot and heat soak faster than other types of S/C's. I love my Whip and my Whipple and regardless of which one you go with I am sure you will be satisfied. Tune is everything with add-ons and make sure the car has been setup up so if the Meth inj or intercooler fails the car goes into limp mode to save the motor!
ORIGINAL: MustangGT0405

ORIGINAL: 06Saleen3V

How much is the Non-Intercooled Whipple kit? How much boost does it run with just the stock pulley? Is it bad to not have it intercooled? I am trying to weigh my options right now. Thanks
People answered the first 2 so I will try and answer the second 2. I did alot of research on the non-int whipple and this is what I learned.

Is it bad, well the answer is no. At low boost levels it is fine to run a non-intercooled system with a safe tune (Heck vortech runs 8psi with no intercoooler on their base kit). You will be leaving a few hp on the table to be safe but it would work fine.

Honestly I still like this system for its ease of install and have toyed around with the thought of getting one and running it with Meth Injection. I live in Orlando so I could have VMP make me a custom tune and just to see if it worked. If I didnt like it I could buy the parts and upgrade it to the HO.

Right now though I plan on the whipple HO and running a 8lb pulley just because it is less maintenance and in the Hot FL climate I think the intercooler is worth having, but I am really on the fence as the Meth injection is pretty cheap and I can still use it if I get the HO system. Plus I could take the money I saved and put it toward LCA's and new wheels. I think it will depend on the Lethal group buy pricing to see if it is worth a gamble. Worst case I would have to wait a year or 2 for the upgrade kit if I really didnt like it. Although the extra 100rwhp would tide me over.

There are a couple people on here who are running the non-int kit and I hope they dont mind if I give you their names. I have PM'ed them in the past and probably will again before I pull the trigger on my S/C purchase.

They are 2K6SilverGT and FadetoBlack172.

Good luck with your decision and let us know what you choose.
[IMG]local://upfiles/54958/45E7602BBFAD49C4A623607A59658FB0.jpg[/IMG]
Old 11-03-2007, 05:29 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

They ran a 11.27@121 on heavy 20 inch rims and tires. While that is impressive for the tires, i just can't understand why they would do the blower and meth to make it fast yet put on rims that will make it slow. Atleast change them for the track and be in the tens.Must be doing it as a gimmick, mabye to say they were the first 07 to run 10's with 20's.

ORIGINAL: mygt500

Meth gives 2 major upgrades in one (large drop in intake temp and big increase in HP) and is used with the whipple from my tuners shop car at 15PSI with the H.O. intercooled kit. http://www.alternativeauto.com/waterbox/07shopcar.html
Old 11-03-2007, 05:45 PM
sactown
4th Gear Member

Dude get the Saleen, its the best SC on the market, plus isn't that what you are already driving?
Old 11-03-2007, 07:39 PM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

My tuner said he likes the 20's and though you lose HP w/ the 20's he was trying to point out what the car can do when FI w/meth and really nothing else changed. He did the same with his 05 Vortech w/ meth inj. It is an auto and the driver knows how to run the car obviously! He tells me he is proving that the stock block and internals can handle the HP with proper tuning and no denotation.
ORIGINAL: moosestang

They ran a 11.27@121 on heavy 20 inch rims and tires. While that is impressive for the tires, i just can't understand why they would do the blower and meth to make it fast yet put on rims that will make it slow. Atleast change them for the track and be in the tens.Must be doing it as a gimmick, mabye to say they were the first 07 to run 10's with 20's.

ORIGINAL: mygt500

Meth gives 2 major upgrades in one (large drop in intake temp and big increase in HP) and is used with the whipple from my tuners shop car at 15PSI with the H.O. intercooled kit. http://www.alternativeauto.com/waterbox/07shopcar.html