Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Anyone notice more street fights while driving a Mustang?

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2007, 01:39 AM
2006gtmike
2nd Gear Member

Default Anyone notice more street fights while driving a Mustang?

It's crazy, because too many people I feel WANT to pick on Mustangs and show off on the road. Anyone of the new first-time Mustang owners notice this? I, of course, want to always one-up the a-holes on the road. Well, before I got the Gears, Driveshaft,UCA and LCAsinstalled, with just my Intake & 93 Tune, a pretty black 4-door MERCEDES had to show off, I suppose, because I made some noise with my Borla's. So, this tool in the 'Cedes and I went at it from a dead stop at many lights for miles. The only issue, was I was ALWAYS starting behind his car, because traffic was a bitch on a Saturday night and I couldn't ever start neck and neck with him in the lane beside him. Even if I was right next to him I am sure he would have won. He or could've been a she had to have more HP/TQ and stickier tires than my stock Pirelli Schmellies. I had MAJOR traction problems, and noticed he had some traction problems as his car wouldn't launch straight. The @ss even tested my brakes because when I was right behind him at high speeds, he gave me the old brake test and the Stang brakes stood up, although a little wobbly. It sounded as though his car was supercharged. The Mercedes I THINK said 4MATIC on the right side of the rear deck, and it definately had two exhaust tips on each side of the car, totalling 4 exhaust tips on it. It had some nice wide-*** reartires and low-profile probably 18 inchers on it. It was a nice car, but I wonder how much it costs??? I don't know if it was a C-Class, S-Class, 500 or what. Everytime we'd gun it, he would get ahead of me by about 3-4 car lengths. I think it was still a respectable beating for me in my cheaper Mustang. Ialmost felt proud to be close to him. All I know is that it WAS NOT AN AMG. An AMG murdered me when I first got my GT in stock trim. And that AMG picked the street fight with me. I knew he would blow me out, but I still went on with the slaugter, haha.
Old 11-04-2007, 02:00 AM
WhoMe
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Anyone notice more street fights while driving a Mustang?

When I first purchased the car I did get a lot of challenges on the street. It was annoying/funny and I never bit. Anyway as I modded the car with some exterior stuff I noticed a lot of the ricers dont bother me as much anymore...but the Stingers sealed the deal. They dont even line up after they hear the rumble...
Old 11-04-2007, 02:36 AM
drift05stang

For some odd reasonmiddle aged dudes within bmw's try to pull on me or ricer fly by...? idkthen i put like 5 cars on them wait for them to catch up then look over an laugh.
Old 11-04-2007, 02:39 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

I believe all the AMG Mercedes are with a S/C. The one you described sounded like maybe a 500 and is real popular here in MI lately. I actually like the look and sound of the S550 AMG...looks real mean. Glad you stood up to him but I hope you two were doing this in a safe manner (which hardly never is).
Old 11-04-2007, 04:39 AM
06Saleen3V
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mygt500

I believe all the AMG Mercedes are with a S/C.
Not true...a lot of the newer onesare V8 500bhp N/A
Old 11-04-2007, 04:47 AM
Ortoch
4th Gear Member

out here nice cars dont exist its all honda hatch backs with 15" exhaust tips as their only mod and I dont even need to punch it to make them look dumb. If I am feeling really mean I will pull up with them after they rev and rev and let em get a taste of a 6000 rpm rev and scare em into taking off when I just roll out into the intersection and make em look dumb.
Old 11-04-2007, 07:54 AM
2k6silvergt
2nd Gear Member

Since the first day I took mine home I have always had people pulling up to me trying to get me to run. The funny thing with mine is a lot of people can't tell what's done with it until you hear the supercharger start to whine. I attract a bunch of ricers because they like to show off but I also get a lot of camaros and gtos that have mild mods and think they can take me down. There faces are priceless after they lose though.
Old 11-04-2007, 10:22 AM
Heavyg72
3rd Gear Member

I wish it would happen more as I hardly ever get one to try.
Old 11-04-2007, 10:27 AM
sidmanic
2nd Gear Member

The 4matic is an all wheel drive car, thats why he was getting you off the line. If it was a C55 or C65, they are supercharged. They also cost more than 3X what a Stang costs. The only time they pull on me now is at speeds above 100+, after all they were designed to fly on the Autobaun.
Old 11-04-2007, 10:30 AM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

i had not noticedmore streets fights
than usual

Quick Reply: Anyone notice more street fights while driving a Mustang?