Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

body kit and performance!

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2007, 12:03 AM
a.akawi
1st Gear Member

Default RE: body kit and performance!

ORIGINAL: F1Fan

ORIGINAL: a.akawi
So are you saying a the splitter wont do me any good? oris the CDC better!.... because I know a friend with a GT500 front fascia, he said after installing it his car was a lot steadier at high speeds which has a front splitter/deflector.

The thing is, i also like how the Legend Splitter looks like lol
Hi a.akawi,

No! I personally prefer a splitter for its' better effeciency and minimal impact on the car's appearance. A splitter works even if it is not on the ground where an air dam must be very low to work well. This means a splitter can be higher and still be effective which allows a minimal change in front ground clearance which for a daily driver is agood thing. An air dam needs to be very low to be effective which increases the chances of curb damage to the air dam. Adding this mch visualweight and makes a very big visual change andunbalances the visual massing of the carwhichis already pretty heavy and monlithic looking even stock. In this way the V6's bumper cover is much better balancedbut the V6's bumper cover has limited options in terms of aero aids and brake ducts. Adding a splitter can increase stability at freeway speeds, no doubt. I like both designs but the Cervinis splitter has a more effective end plate design in front of the wheel opening. That little vertical dam increases the effectiveness of the splitter by promoting air over the car and not around it.

HTH!
Thanks F1Fan,

this makes alot of sense to me
Old 11-08-2007, 02:52 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

2+ My Cervinis kit added 10 RWHP but than factor in the 20's (heavy)and I think a 5 RWHP increase with the kit....LOL

Anything to post pics of my beast!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh and this helped as well

ORIGINAL: simplexdesign

ORIGINAL: 06Saleen3V

Cervinis has the sickest bodykits
+1
Old 11-08-2007, 11:39 AM
Pwny
4th Gear Member

For F1Fan,

I'm glad to see you in this thread, because I thought I was one of a few that wasn't so sure about adding extra weight to the car by adding a body kit. However, I do have a question for you.

I am interested in the Roush fascia. I was wondering if you had any experiences with the Roush fascia, or had any input on how it could be detrimental, or beneficial to my car's performance? Also, since I'm kind of lost on chin spoilers, this question also applies to the Roush chin spoiler since I will probably add this on to the kit.

To me, the Roush fascia looks to be the most functional out of many front end pieces I have seen.