Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Mod Sites

Old 11-05-2007, 12:27 AM
Soc06Stang
1st Gear Member

Default Mod Sites

I've only posted a few times, but i read these forums alot. I have never seen anyone really with a list of respected sites that sell mods for stangs. I know that you can buy alot of things from the companies directly, but is there a good respectable website that is honest and has decent support out there?

I'm looking to purchase pieces for exhaust (h pipe, header, muffler) and also a cold air intake kit with tune. For the CAI from what i read majority of people use JLT, Steeda, and C&L, so probably will go with one of those and a tuner (sct2). Those are what i'm looking to start with, and am looking for a good site to purchase them from.

Also kind of a noobie question, i dont' see alot of people with verts posting about mods, i have a 06 auto convertiable gt stang, i want to make it sound better(little deeper than it is stock) and get some mid level preformance,stability gains. Am i taking the right steps, or should i start some where else?

Ifasking for a list of dependable mod websites isagainst the forum rules (which i couldn't find anywhere) then i'm sorry and let me know and i'll delete this right away, or edit it.

Thanks in advance.
Old 11-05-2007, 12:34 AM
Dex
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Mod Sites

I used Lethal Performance for almosteverything I got. Jared is really helpful too
Old 11-05-2007, 12:56 AM
owero01
5th Gear Member

Look to the right.
Old 11-05-2007, 01:04 AM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

ORIGINAL: owero01

Look to the right.
+1....tons of good ones out there
Old 11-05-2007, 01:18 AM
blackout
5th Gear Member

There's a whole list of site sponsors lol...
Old 11-05-2007, 03:45 AM
Ortoch
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Soc06Stang

I've only posted a few times, but i read these forums alot. I have never seen anyone really with a list of respected sites that sell mods for stangs. I know that you can buy alot of things from the companies directly, but is there a good respectable website that is honest and has decent support out there?

I'm looking to purchase pieces for exhaust (h pipe, header, muffler) and also a cold air intake kit with tune. For the CAI from what i read majority of people use JLT, Steeda, and C&L, so probably will go with one of those and a tuner (sct2). Those are what i'm looking to start with, and am looking for a good site to purchase them from.

Also kind of a noobie question, i dont' see alot of people with verts posting about mods, i have a 06 auto convertiable gt stang, i want to make it sound better(little deeper than it is stock) and get some mid level preformance,stability gains. Am i taking the right steps, or should i start some where else?

Ifasking for a list of dependable mod websites isagainst the forum rules (which i couldn't find anywhere) then i'm sorry and let me know and i'll delete this right away, or edit it.

Thanks in advance.
First off like they said MF has a list of acredited sponsors that are all really good for the most part. Go to https://mustangforums.com/ and the box at the very top says Support Our Sponsors with a list of 30 sponsors underneath it. As for your question about what sites sell what for the CAI and Tune I would go with www.brenspeed.com they are amazing and are very good with customer support. For the sound go with some exhaust I would start with axel-backs and see how those sound and if you want more upgrade the mids and the headers to something a bit more agressive. Stability and handleing I would get some suspension work done starting with springs for a little bit of a lower ride all the way to going for the full monty and getting; springs, struts, mounts, panhard rod w/brace, and a set of some tokico d-specs with a really good shop to do a preformance suspension setting adjustment. Oh and throw LCAs on that list too

Hope this gives you some starting points cuz I remember when I first started I knew nothing about cars and some of the responses even though helpfull often fell short in the help department.
Old 11-05-2007, 11:59 AM
Argonaut
4th Gear Member

+1 on Brenspeed. Check out their site, lots of mods available thru them. Read about how they match the Tune to the mods on your specific car. This is not as good as a true dyno tune...but its the next best thing. Bamachips.com is also highly regarded.
Old 11-05-2007, 12:17 PM
Heavyg72
3rd Gear Member

Another one for Brenspeed. Their experience and customer service is the best. Also used other sponsors of the site such American Muscle and Baltimore Street Mods and have had great experiences with them as well.
Old 11-05-2007, 12:55 PM
06Saleen3V
6th Gear Member

Brenspeed and Americanmuscle
Old 11-05-2007, 01:13 PM
Fullsayl
2nd Gear Member

+1 for Brenspeed!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Mod Sites