Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Nitrous question

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2007, 11:37 AM
07GTbryan

Default Nitrous question

quick question for those who have nitrous, i know that you have to tune your car for nitrous so do you guys have to load a tune every time you want to spray ordo you have one tune and thats it you dont have to keepchanging? thanks
Old 11-13-2007, 11:40 AM
Pwny
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Nitrous question

I know I don't have nitrous, but I'm almost positive the people with nitrous don't switch their tune.
Old 11-13-2007, 01:42 PM
PLstang
5th Gear Member

You only have to tune for nitrous if the shot requires it. Smaller shots on cars that are not modified normaly do not require a tune. The manual for the kit you buy should explain what they siuggest in that area.

In regards to changing your tune. If you are running a shot that requires a tune you can drive with that tune installed at all times. You may find that you loose a few NA horse power (maybe 10 HP or so, just depends). However, it's not a big deal.

What kind of kit were you looking at and what kind of shot? That info might help with further info.
Old 11-13-2007, 02:53 PM
07GTbryan

just the zex wet ket with a 100 maybe 125 shot
Old 11-13-2007, 02:59 PM
PLstang
5th Gear Member

Yep you'll need a tune. Zex kit requires one for anything over a 75 shot. You'll also need to add in some HT0 plugs for that shot. You can run the tune all the time without a problem.

You will also want some other items, window switch, bottle opener, bottle heater, etc. You can get up there pretty quick with a goodnitrous set up.

I was running a 125 shot from a zex kit before getting the KB.
Old 11-13-2007, 03:41 PM
07GTbryan

yea got the HT0's already bottle heater on the way and might as well order bottle opener b/c its gonna get under my skin the first time i need it open and got to pull over 2 do it, lol. what exactly do i need a window switch for and whats the purpose? and thanks for all your help Plstang
Old 11-13-2007, 04:45 PM
D_Gusler
3rd Gear Member

Get the zex traction control device--blows away a window switch, as you can digitally program it like a window switch, but you can also select what gears you spray in.

I run tuning for a 125shot all the time--on a dyno only a few minutes apart(to load tunes) it was only 6 HP difference between my NA performance tune & the Nitrous tune, not really enough to feel on the road. The nitrous tune pulls between 5-6 degrees of total timing.
Old 11-13-2007, 06:37 PM
led_revolver
1st Gear Member

<---- nitrous newb

and the nitrous sprays always at WOT if the bottle is opened? so you can drive on the highway with no nitrous, open the bottle, floor it, and have 100 more HP? (hypothetical i know its for the track)

no more fast and the furious buttons on the steering wheel for spraying? again im a super noob with nitrous
Old 11-15-2007, 08:12 PM
D_Gusler
3rd Gear Member

You just gotta have an arming switch. Otherwise the zex & nos kits run off of tp voltage, and only spray at WOT(with the arming switch on of course)
Old 11-15-2007, 08:22 PM
blownperformance

If your tuners good and you run a full exhaust we have safely made good hp on stock plugs and only 2 degress of global retard.on a 125 shots.but to keep it safe pull at least 4 and the power loss is minimal

Quick Reply: Nitrous question