Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Mustangs Blow !

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2007, 08:45 AM
Hawkdriver23

Default Mustangs Blow !

Just Kidding Guys. Moving on, I am not new to the forum but I have posted very few threads. I'm that guy that just reads everyone else's stuff. The question I have for you today is regarding the Terminator and the S197 GT. I understand the power potential of the Cobra w/ the forged internals is almost limitless. But with all the praises from owners of the S197 about the improvements over the new edge, I find myself considering the new look. It seems like (correct me if Im wrong) that 425-460 hp is the limit on the new 3 valve before grenading the motor. I'm not sure how dependabe that would be, but this car is going to be a daily driver for a little while. So is the S197 as a whole improved enough to outweigh the performace of the Terminator? I would also like to know what the Cobra "feels" like compared to my 04 GT aside from the huge power difference. So any oppinions you might have, especially from anyone that has experience driving both will be greatly appreciated. I am in the desert for another 9 months so this won't be an overnight decision. Thanks again.
Old 11-14-2007, 09:15 AM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Mustangs Blow !

tough choice. i went with the s197 because
it's a little more comfortable inside. i added
a s/c to bump up the power and now it
feels just right

good luck and come home safe
Old 11-14-2007, 09:41 AM
jdmcbride
4th Gear Member

Have you driven an S197 yet? The difference in ride and feel ishuge compared to the new edge Mustangs. Ford did a great job developing this chasis for the S197 Mustang. It is a great platform with a lot of potential, just depends what your intentions are for the car.
Old 11-14-2007, 10:09 AM
Nelsta21
1st Gear Member

I definately agree that the new mustang is much more comfortable. It just feels like a nice car inside. I get compliments all the time on my red leather. It feels roomy and classy where the terminator feels cheap and is just a little awkward in my opinion. If you are going with a daily driver that can have potential go with the s197. If you are looking to just have a bad *** ride that shreds go with the terminator. It all depends on where you are in your life to be honest. If you are young and just want to play the creature comforts of the new s197 arent important, but if you are a bit older and care about those comfort issues go with the s197
Old 11-14-2007, 10:49 AM
acdc163
2nd Gear Member

Me and my family just want to thank you for your service!

If you get the S197 you will love it!
Old 11-14-2007, 10:59 AM
Hawkdriver23

Thank you for the support, we need it to stay sane. We are definatley ready to come home...Also thanks everyone for your feedback,I can't wait to test drive one. Keep the comments coming.
Old 11-14-2007, 11:42 AM
06Saleen3V
6th Gear Member

Did you know that the Terminator has the same platform as the SN95 mustangs? Meaning the feel of the ride of a Termi feels the same as that of a 96 GT [&:]...They finally redesignedEVERYTHING for this new mustang. They did it right with these S197's, you will not regret it
Old 11-14-2007, 01:14 PM
sawyer
3rd Gear Member

450 rwhp is about the limit in the s197. I am in outside sales and I drive my car all day, it is very comfotable. I had a 96 cobra a few years ago and one of my main issues was it was plasticy and uncomfortable. The s95 feels like you are riding on it not in it.
Old 11-14-2007, 01:26 PM
Soc06Stang
1st Gear Member

I had a guy try to trade me a cobra for my 06 gt, needless to say i said no. I love this car, and when i get the time and money i will make it even better! I've rode in older mustangs before too, and i agree with the others, the new ones are just that much better of a ride.

I also would like to thank you and the men/women over there. Hope you guys stay safe and come home safe too.
Old 11-14-2007, 02:31 PM
q8stang
3rd Gear Member

^^^^
me too one guy called me i have no idea where he got my number and wanted to trade a 600 hp cobra for my 2007 gt and i said no

Quick Reply: Mustangs Blow !