Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Roy`s official Newbi thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2008, 10:54 AM
Roy
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Roy`s official Newbi thread

onederful100: Thank you, that was nice to hear, I dont know how the standard setup looks like so I dont know if its just the mufflers or not, The only thing I know is that it says "Ford Racing" on the tip of the exhaust, do you have any ideas how to see if the other parts are changed too?

Btw, when Im at it, the exhaust seem to getting a bit red rusty where the "ford racing" is written, is there any good way to better up the finish abit? Do I have to polish all of the chrome (I guess it isnt chrome on it, but I cant find any other word to use. ) away and then put on some new chrome or can I just put some new chrome untop of the old one maybe?

Yeah, its pretty coolt to have one, I guess it might be around 1000-15000 stangs of the same modell here so I dont see them to often, I have seen about 10, only talked to 1 owner.
Lots of people looking at the car but people here in sweden is so boring, the general thing about swedes is that we think that no one is better then the other, and that no one can have something cooler than anyone else has, if he does, hes a show off and a spoiled brat. So I dont get many comments, and people make a quick glance then focus on the sky or something, just to be sure not to glance at the car again.

Really boring, but some people is nice, and the chicks love it

phatphil: I guess it easier with a new tube then putting in new motor mounts so I think Ill go with that.
No traction mode sadly, I will get them later if I find it neacessery, new wheels is already on the list, gonna get me those chrome bullits, I love those. after that I dont really know if Im gonna get more stuff to the car or not, we will see.

Mustang3GT07: Yes they are harder, some just a bit, others more, or that is what I have read
Old 01-09-2008, 10:56 AM
Roy
1st Gear Member

Oh, btw, About the S/C Group buy,
06Saleen3V is now a employee of Hardcore Mustangs (Congratulations), so the brenspeed thing is down I guess and the HCM is being planed as we speak.
Old 01-09-2008, 12:02 PM
onederful100
6th Gear Member

Roy,
about the exhaust. you can clean it w/ some chrome cleaner if it is chrome and just use some soft micro fiber towel to get that dullness off. others have said that neverdull made by eagle one is very good. and to check it the rest of the exhaust has been replaced, you can check the exhaust manifolds in the engine area, the stock ones have kind of a dull grey finish, not polished, to them and if you look down in the engine area right after the stock exhaust manifolds the stock catalytic converters can be seen bolted up to the manifolds. if that looks how i described, then the rest of the exhaust is probobly still stock. but if you look at the exhaust manifolds and they look like chrome or stainless pipes, then the manifolds have been changed to headers. then you can get under the car and if on the midpipe there are no catalytic converters then they have changed the midpipe as well, but you can still have cats on an aftermarket midpipe as well. one other easy way to tell is if you stomp the gas it is super loud compared to other GT's then the exhaust may have been changed.

hope this helps.
Old 01-09-2008, 01:53 PM
Roy
1st Gear Member

Thank you very much, I will take a look at the exhaust setup next week when Im heating the car up, its in winter storage right now, I only go there every 14 day to run the fluids trough her.

And thanks for the chrome advice, I will try that also.

Old 01-11-2008, 07:47 AM
Roy
1st Gear Member

Hello everyone, new questions for you all.

I have now decided not to go F/I at this moment, I will instead buy some small stuff just to get something to do with the car, then pay of the car loan and putting the rest of the money so my gf can go to school and get a job so I can buy more powerups for the car

anyway, Im in peace with this and hopefully I wont regret it, I will probobly get the S/C next year anyway.

So, what I was planing to get is the following.

1. Steeda Tri Ax short shifter. Do I have to get a special shifter **** for it, or does the original one fit on the steeda?
2. Underdrive pulleys, probobly steeda, good for 5-10 hp I guess, correct me if Im wrong.
3. CAI and tune. Have not yet decided what kind, so any comments on this is appreciated,

Any thoughts and ideas on this are welcome.

Thank you.
Old 01-11-2008, 07:53 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Might want to look into http://www.mgwltd.com/ and get the shifter from them. Many of us have it and I have yet to install mine but bought it and every other item for our stangs offered by them. Very good company! JMO check it out! J
Old 01-11-2008, 07:57 AM
Roy
1st Gear Member

omg... more choices... like it wasent hard at the first place, thanks Ill take a look

Btw, I got 3.55 gears in my car, is a change anything for me you think? conidering going S/C later on, might be good to stay with the 3.55?
Old 01-11-2008, 12:02 PM
exx1976
5th Gear Member

If you plan on going FI, I'd stick with the 3.55's. I have heard that anything else is just too much gear, and you'll spend all day shifting.

Yes, the MGW rocks, I have it in my car.

CAI - Brenspeed also sells CAI's and tuners. I currently have the Steeda CAI and 39 octane tune on there. I bought the Steeda because I was already planning FI, and they told me it would fit with the Saleen kit (it's what they sell in their "stage" kits). The Stage 2 kit is on the way to my house as I type this..

Don't know anything about the UDP's, except that if you are planning to go FI, don't bother. You'll have to take them back off as you don't want to underdrive a supercharger...
Old 01-11-2008, 12:18 PM
onederful100
6th Gear Member

if you're going SC later, the 3.55's would be ok. also since youre going SC you may want to reconsider the UDP's since you'll have to take them out for the SC later.

i dont know if the stock shifter **** will fit the steeda shifter. i believe the '07 shifter **** thread is different from 05-06, my shifter **** did not fit the pro 5.0. but the hurst comes w/ shifter **** although imo the steeda, pro 5.0, and MGW is better less notchy, but all are better than stock.

the CAI/tune: i would suggest JLT bc it gets 25-30 hp as much as the best out there, and is only $200 and takes 15 minutes to install, i would also recommend brenspeed for this and tune.

did u take a look at the exhaust yet?
Old 01-11-2008, 01:24 PM
Roy
1st Gear Member

Ok, then Ill keep the 3.55. Good that somethings decided at last.

I was planning to buy from brenspeeed, but it seems like they dont have that MGW shifter, and I would really like to buy all the stuff from the same place, beacuse of the shipping cost. Its expensive to ship overseas.

UDPs was just for a little bit extra power until the S/C, but I guess 5-10 more hp wont even be noticed so scrap that.

Dosent the JLT fit their Saleen kit? If Steeda is the only one that fits I will go with that.

As for now what I want is this then.

1. MGW shifter, with a shifter ****/handle.
2. Steeda CAI(with tune computer and such of course), if nothing else fits with the Saleen later on.
3 dunno.

Anything you think I should trade the UDPs for? Something that will fit with the S/C later on maybe?

Do you guys some dealer that have all the things I want? I really want to order everything togheter, but I do want a brenspeed tune.
But I could always just buy a e-mail tune from them I guess.

onederful100: I havent yet looked at the exhaust, I wont be going to the storage before next weekend so we will have to wait until then, would be great if everything is changed ^^

Thanks everyone.

Quick Reply: Roy`s official Newbi thread