Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

CMCV installed, car runs, but I have a few problems...

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2007, 12:02 PM
acascianelli
5th Gear Member

Default CMCV installed, car runs, but I have a few problems...

I installed my billet CMCV delete plates this morning. The install went pretty smooth, no serious problems. I followed Tacobills write up, pretty much spot on. Now for the problems. The tune I have for it is a Bamachips 91Octane race tune that calibrates for my C&L street and the delete plates. After I flashed the car and turned it on, the idle was very rough and erratic, and I thought for a second I hear some detonation. After a few minutes it leveled out and seemed to be running fine. I took it around the block and did a few 1000-redline pulls in 2nd gear. At around 2500-3000rpm the car looses ALOT of its pull and doesn't start pulling hard again till about 3500rpm. I do notice less power under 2000rpm.

I'm going to contact Doug and see if he can have a look at the tune and try to dial out the dead spot.

One other problem, after I reconnected my battery, I get a message saying tire pressire sensor fault. Does anyone who at what pressure the sensors go off?
Old 11-17-2007, 12:28 PM
acstone7
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: CMCV installed, car runs, but I have a few problems...

time for some 4.10s
Old 11-17-2007, 12:34 PM
acascianelli
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: acstone7

time for some 4.10s
No, I'm going to stick with my 3.55's. I still need to get my UDP installed (maybe next week), and my car running properly now.
Old 11-17-2007, 12:37 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

the TPMS should go away shorty, as for the tune, i am not quite sure that what you are talking about is normal. When you say it loses alot of power do youmean it feels like the car is going to die or just doesnt pull as hard.....compare this pull to that when you where stock, does it still pull harder than that!?
Old 11-17-2007, 12:43 PM
acascianelli
5th Gear Member

No, it just doesn't pull. It does not sound like it is going to die or anything, it just you can feel the pull drop off, then pick back up. It did it every time I did a WOT run from 1000/1500rpm to redline.
Old 11-17-2007, 01:56 PM
CBSTANG
2nd Gear Member

I don't know what the answer is but I do know that Brenspeed only recomends the CMCV delete plates for people that have 3.73, 3.90, 4.10or lower gearing. And they also say that its normal to lose part throttle low end torque, but gain performance at WOT. So I don't know it your tune just needs adjusted or what but good luck.
Old 11-17-2007, 02:29 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

Dougs tune always seem to kick in around 3300-3500 and have extra kick from there up to redline......you can feel the extra pull especially at part throttle....I still have pull from 2000-3000 though also....so he might have to play with your tune alittle then
Old 11-17-2007, 03:53 PM
duckbubbles
2nd Gear Member

[align=left]
ORIGINAL: acascianelliOne other problem, after I reconnected my battery, I get a message saying tire pressire sensor fault. Does anyone who at what pressure the sensors go off?
Just had a nail in my tire the other day and the sensor went off at 20 psi. It might be different for different cars.
Why not just check your tire pressures?

Frank
[/align]
Old 11-18-2007, 11:12 AM
D_Gusler
3rd Gear Member

I know these things lose tq at low rpms, could be what your feeling--same way with most O/R pipes, lose low-end torque for high end HP.
Old 11-18-2007, 11:18 AM
acstone7
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: D_Gusler

I know these things lose tq at low rpms, could be what your feeling--same way with most O/R pipes, lose low-end torque for high end HP.
+1

Quick Reply: CMCV installed, car runs, but I have a few problems...