Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

This guy got lucky

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2007, 06:15 PM
danGT06
3rd Gear Member

Default This guy got lucky

Was this anyone on here? I would have **** myself if that happened to me. Whenever I start spinning in second I just let off right away to prevent this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=seKujimcIWE
Old 11-17-2007, 06:36 PM
iwannagofast
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: This guy got lucky

Wow!
Old 11-17-2007, 06:51 PM
Yonco
3rd Gear Member

Thats exactly what happened to me last week, but it was wet out, and instead of skidding, i slid into a guardrail. You can see the rear kick torwards the wall first, then he corrects and it swings the other way. i was on my brakes full after the first littlekick to the sidebut it sounds like he stayed in it a little longer. -Jon
Old 11-17-2007, 07:57 PM
owero01
5th Gear Member

I have it happen to me whenever I power shift from 1st to 2nd. I just let off of it a little until the tires catch and then get back on it.
Old 11-17-2007, 08:06 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

i thought for sure he was gonna kiss the wall
Old 11-17-2007, 08:18 PM
ANBAUTO
4th Gear Member

this is why i dont power shift and i go slower than i should
Old 11-17-2007, 08:24 PM
blackout
5th Gear Member

If I go into 2nd (not powershifting) I would't have nearly the amount of time hehad to save my ***... I hit the wall going into second except I actually went 180 degrees sideways instead of a little bit lol... Damage was minimal since I did a decentjob correcting it, but damage nonetheless... Lets just say I don't go into 2nd very fast on street tires (unless I have somebody in my frontseat that weighs over 200lbs, or somebody in the back weighing 150-160lbs...

-Jeff
Old 11-17-2007, 10:47 PM
Menace
5th Gear Member

Maybe I'm crazy.. but I don't give her any mercy... Gotta tame the pony! Anyway, in all seriousness he was very lucky that he didn't damage the car. During his burn out there were a lot of pegging off the rev limiter. The trick to racing is no wheel spin at all. He spun through first, and shifted directly into 2nd. This benefitted to him only in saving the car. Car was probably going about 20-30 mph but redlined, so when he shifted into 2nd the RPMs dropped drastically. Slowing the car. In turn this could also be the culprit for his spin out. The transfer to the wheels wasn't as smooth. Friction caught up and spun him around.

If I've got a bad launch I just let off the throttle a second, then smooth back into it just to let the powertrain catch up. Plus on street tires I don't even bother with any type of burn-out. Just a trip around the water pit and slide into the lane.
Old 11-17-2007, 11:22 PM
Soc06Stang
1st Gear Member

yeah that's nuts.
Old 11-18-2007, 01:36 AM
batmobile2005
2nd Gear Member

ive done that before into traffic. its one of those moments where you look back and even though nothing happened you want to take it back because you fully realize what could have happened. after about 2 months after getting my car i put it in a show and it was raining and when i went home i decided to drift it through an intersection (bloody hell that was a bad choice) and it whipped into the opposing lane like that and i luckily drove out before the oncoming cars could get there. i feel for this guy lol

Quick Reply: This guy got lucky