Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Beating a dead horse.

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2007, 07:25 PM
Joeice14

Default RE: Beating a dead horse.

You guys were all very very very lucky... I bought a 2006 v6 with the pony package in 2005... First day couldnt take it home because the horn was not working... The rigged it so the next day I picked it up... The next week I go back because they got the part they ordered... I go back wait close to 5 hours to be fixed then leave when i get home i realize the lights a automatically on and the windows are no longer automatic and on top of it all the keypad did not work. Ford tows the car back to there lot were they change the wiring harrness... I get the car back and just as i get to my house the air bag light just flashs like its strobing out in a club. And on top of everything else about 6 months into having the car I drove out to a local airport to pick my dad up. I notice my light dim when i let off the gas and slowly everything starts to dim. I pull into the airport and am at a stand still not turning the car off... I go to put it in gear and the auto tranny is locking up. I get it in gear and just pull the ebrake to keep the car from rolling... Fianlly my dad gets in the car an we start to go... The car shuts down. Turns out my antifreeze shorted out my altinator... I have to call my mom and leave my car at this airport... Everything is covered in insurance but it was a hassal. Oh and the car also had a horrible ticking noise that ford had no clue what it was. ALSO..... There was always a weird sucking noise in the back of the car probally my two wheel differental... Needless to say I totalled that V6 bought myself a 2006 black Gt with black an red interior manual with a shaker 1000... Slid off the road last week 5 houses from my home.... Down shifted too hard... Noob mistake... So I am a ford finatic but ford has done me wrong....
Ps. 3,000 in damage dam radiator cracked andpushed into crossmember which pushed into sway bar which crushed oil filter and lays agianst crank pulley....

So lifes great Im selling my old 6xer parts if anyone needs anything... Gt bumper, V6 full exhaust, Gt exhaust tips and Subs

Joe
Old 11-20-2007, 07:26 PM
Joeice14

I also did not list "every" v6 problem I had... I was literally in and out of ford weekly....
Old 11-20-2007, 07:52 PM
22kart22
4th Gear Member

Wow. Now thats bad luck for ya'.[:'(]

Sorry to hear that man
Old 11-20-2007, 08:36 PM
06Saleen3V
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Joeice14

You guys were all very very very lucky... I bought a 2006 v6 with the pony package in 2005... First day couldnt take it home because the horn was not working... The rigged it so the next day I picked it up... The next week I go back because they got the part they ordered... I go back wait close to 5 hours to be fixed then leave when i get home i realize the lights a automatically on and the windows are no longer automatic and on top of it all the keypad did not work. Ford tows the car back to there lot were they change the wiring harrness... I get the car back and just as i get to my house the air bag light just flashs like its strobing out in a club. And on top of everything else about 6 months into having the car I drove out to a local airport to pick my dad up. I notice my light dim when i let off the gas and slowly everything starts to dim. I pull into the airport and am at a stand still not turning the car off... I go to put it in gear and the auto tranny is locking up. I get it in gear and just pull the ebrake to keep the car from rolling... Fianlly my dad gets in the car an we start to go... The car shuts down. Turns out my antifreeze shorted out my altinator... I have to call my mom and leave my car at this airport... Everything is covered in insurance but it was a hassal. Oh and the car also had a horrible ticking noise that ford had no clue what it was. ALSO..... There was always a weird sucking noise in the back of the car probally my two wheel differental... Needless to say I totalled that V6 bought myself a 2006 black Gt with black an red interior manual with a shaker 1000... Slid off the road last week 5 houses from my home.... Down shifted too hard... Noob mistake... So I am a ford finatic but ford has done me wrong....
Ps. 3,000 in damage dam radiator cracked andpushed into crossmember which pushed into sway bar which crushed oil filter and lays agianst crank pulley....

So lifes great Im selling my old 6xer parts if anyone needs anything... Gt bumper, V6 full exhaust, Gt exhaust tips and Subs

Joe
You were the one posting over in m o d d e d m u s t a n g s about this right?
Old 11-21-2007, 03:17 PM
Joeice14

D E D D O M-MUSTANGS

Joeice14
lol yea thats me... I didnt forget my password to that site... I lost this sites password a while ago... But yea thats me... Where you one of the people who out some input in???
Joe
Old 11-21-2007, 03:50 PM
rshamekh
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 06Saleen3V

I will never drive anything with less than 8 cylinders
How about the new Porsche 911 Turbo?
http://www.porsche.com/usa/models/91...turesandspecs/

I bet you wouldn't wanna miss a (3.4 sec) 0-60