Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

SPYDERSHAFT INSTALLED !!

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2007, 09:07 PM
MIAMISTANG2006
1st Gear Member

Default SPYDERSHAFT INSTALLED !!

WOW, WHAT A GREAT PRODUCT. I PLACED THE ORDER WITH RON AND HE GOT ME MY SHAFT IN 3 DAYS. I HAD SOME TECH QUESTIONS AND RON HELPED OUT IN SUCH A BIG WAY.
THANKS RON
JEFF

[IMG]local://upfiles/49269/BE5F9B0EC03E46A98EAB4CDA9E210B3F.jpg[/IMG]
Old 11-19-2007, 09:12 PM
acstone7
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: SPYDERSHAFT INSTALLED !!

Ya rons the man [sm=icon_rock.gif]. by the way i think your caps lock is stuck [8D]
Old 11-20-2007, 11:43 AM
06Saleen3V
6th Gear Member

How does the car feel now? It never hurts to have another first hand opinion... Congrats
Old 11-20-2007, 11:53 AM
techmanBDsStang
3rd Gear Member

Did you do the install yourself? If so, how was it?easy, really hard, or average? I would say I am a little above average on doing mechanical work. Do you have to remove part of the exhaust to get to the drive shaft?
Old 11-20-2007, 12:03 PM
acstone7
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: techmanBDsStang

Did you do the install yourself? If so, how was it?easy, really hard, or average? I would say I am a little above average on doing mechanical work. Do you have to remove part of the exhaust to get to the drive shaft?
No removal of exhaust, your going to need a torque wrench capable of 150ft/lbs tho for the rear pinion flange nut. Might even just want to change the rear differential fluid at the same timee because when removing the rear pinion nut, some lubricant is going to make its way out. Cant remember what size sockets you need, overall tho, very easy install. Helps ALOT if someone is with you to disengage the ebrake so you can turn the driveshaft to access all bolts.

Heres the instructions from rons site http://www.leonardracingproducts.com...structions.pdf
Old 11-20-2007, 12:15 PM
CataclysmGT
4th Gear Member

I just ordered a Coast HD 4" shaft..........was debating between the two as I have heard nothing but good things about either shaft.

Congrats.
Old 11-20-2007, 12:24 PM
techmanBDsStang
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: acstone7

No removal of exhaust, your going to need a torque wrench capable of 150ft/lbs tho for the rear pinion flange nut. Might even just want to change the rear differential fluid at the same timee because when removing the rear pinion nut, some lubricant is going to make its way out. Cant remember what size sockets you need, overall tho, very easy install. Helps ALOT if someone is with you to disengage the ebrake so you can turn the driveshaft to access all bolts.

Heres the instructions from rons site http://www.leonardracingproducts.com...structions.pdf
Thanks for your answer.
Old 11-20-2007, 12:34 PM
06Saleen3V
6th Gear Member

Man just after reading those instructions makes me want to go outside and burn some tires
Old 11-20-2007, 01:27 PM
acstone7
3rd Gear Member

Way off of OT but i think you(06saleen3v) were the one that told me to get abrenspeed tune. Well I did and it really feels like it pulls harder than bama, nobashing bama here, just feels like from 4k on it pulls a wee bit harder Doug is the man and updates tunes wherever you buy. Even tho, this brenspeed tune feels monstrous, and i cant wait to get back to the track and test it out [8D]
Old 11-20-2007, 04:58 PM
06Saleen3V
6th Gear Member

Way off of OT but i think you(06saleen3v) were the one that told me to get abrenspeed tune. Well I did and it really feels like it pulls harder than bama, nobashing bama here, just feels like from 4k on it pulls a wee bit harder Doug is the man and updates tunes wherever you buy. Even tho, this brenspeed tune feels monstrous, and i cant wait to get back to the track and test it out [8D]
Good to hear acstone, Brenspeed makes some good tunes
..and yes that was me

Quick Reply: SPYDERSHAFT INSTALLED !!