MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   GT S197 General Discussion (https://mustangforums.com/forum/gt-s197-general-discussion-49/)
-   -   SLP vs Pypes (https://mustangforums.com/forum/gt-s197-general-discussion/372553-slp-vs-pypes.html)

whtcanbrwnd04u 11-20-2007 12:10 AM

SLP vs Pypes

How much louder is the Pypes mid muffler system than the SLP Loudmouths? Big difference or no? Thanks.

mynameismike65 11-20-2007 09:35 AM

RE: SLP vs Pypes

Personally I havn't heard the mid muffler system, but I would say the SLP's are much louder. All the SLP's are are muffler deletes.Of course they will be louder because having no mufflers is louder then having mufflers.

blike 11-20-2007 12:54 PM

My guess is that the SLP's would be louder and a lot raspier than the Pypes because the SLP Loudmouths are a muffler delete

onederful100 11-20-2007 12:59 PM

boomtubes, then u can be a crew member too. a better sound than loudmouth and cheaper too.

[sm=violent053.gif] [sm=shootshoot.gif]

VerginaStang 11-20-2007 02:35 PM

At first I thought the SLP's were a lot louder than the pypes system but now I dont really feel that way. Its either A) Ive gotten used to the pypes system, or B) its breaking in. I think it might be a combo of both. There are advantages/disadv. of both systems:
Pypes MM sounds better than any muffler system I've heard (and ive heard pretty much all except boomtubes in person) BUT installation is a BITCH to say the least. (I still have some rattles but I havnt yet diagnosed the problem so it might be an easy fix).
SLP's are too loud if you plan to do anything else to the exhaust system. The pypes mm system is LOUD with an O/R H but definately bearable and sounds AMAZING.

whtcanbrwnd04u 11-20-2007 04:36 PM

I have SLP's right now. I want louder... so replacing my SLP's with the mid muffler system wouldnt really help huh?

UrS4 11-20-2007 11:30 PM

I had SLP LM and then went to an O/R X and then switched to the pypes MM system. Granted I have the added volume of the O/R pipe but I would say the MM system is NOT as loud as the LM alone. LM are just straight pipe, the MM system are bullit mufflers.

Seriously people, if you have no mufflers (ie. SLP LM) and you ditch the cats, you will not like it. It is nasty loud and has a NASTIER trumpeting sound in the low rpms.

whtcanbrwnd04u 11-21-2007 08:49 AM

ORIGINAL: UrS4

I had SLP LM and then went to an O/R X and then switched to the pypes MM system. Granted I have the added volume of the O/R pipe but I would say the MM system is NOT as loud as the LM alone. LM are just straight pipe, the MM system are bullit mufflers.

Seriously people, if you have no mufflers (ie. SLP LM) and you ditch the cats, you will not like it. It is nasty loud and has a NASTIER trumpeting sound in the low rpms.

How do you like the Pypes MM System + O/R H-Pipe?

TNstang06 11-21-2007 09:39 AM

I have slp loudmouths and I love them...I also have BBK shorty headers...

and im getting Mac Prochamber pipes soon...but I havnt heard pypes..so I dont know

WPsharpshooter 11-21-2007 09:42 AM

Pypes makes a muffler delete setup and its a whole helluva lot cheaper than SLP's. Ive got em and love em