Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Back from the Dyno, What do you think

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2007, 12:29 AM
D_Gusler
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Back from the Dyno, What do you think

Seems low to me--lose some of that extra fuel & add about 2 more psi to it
Old 11-25-2007, 01:44 AM
06Saleen3V
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: moosestang

ORIGINAL: wadman

Wow, that seems very weak. Im putting down 492 with a single turbo and 7# of boost.
I don't think you are, even hellion would question your dyno run.
+1...almost 500 wheel with a single turbo pushing only 7 psi...either you got a factory freak or one screwed up dyno
Old 11-25-2007, 02:40 AM
Simon1
5th Gear Member

Everyone needs to remember that dynos are only as good as the people who run them. There are alot of settings and perameters put into a dyno to try and get the most accurate reading.

A dyno should be used to increase power from the base line and or smooth out or improve the power curve.

The real test is when get to the strip and see.

Or when you have a before and after dyno graph from the same dyno in a reasonable time frame.
Old 11-25-2007, 10:27 AM
downriverT
3rd Gear Member

I don't think thats bad at all and I like torque. Its a safe tune that has room to grow. Its always good to get a starting number and perfect from there.
Old 11-25-2007, 09:53 PM
ECR5.0
2nd Gear Member

Here is the dyno graph. Thanks for the responces. One thing i want everyone to know is that my tuner did ask if he could lean it out more towards the end to get more power. I opted not to in fear of doing something to the engine. Im not to sure how far you can push these things and where the perfect air/fuel is at, so i made him keep it rich. He also wanted to up the boost but we are boosting off the waste gates so its a pain in the *** to shim the turbos on the dyno I also do want to push it hard. I figured i would run it like this for a while and when i find out more info then up the power. or hopefully build the bottom end. Again let me know what you all think. Thanks

Please note that this kit has to potential to go to about 12 PSI any furthermy air to water intercooler will not be able to handle

Old 11-26-2007, 12:39 PM
ECR5.0
2nd Gear Member

bump....graph is posted let me know what you think
Old 11-26-2007, 04:30 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

the a/f needs to be leaned.....it should hover around the red dash line...no offense but the tuner was correct and you yourself stated you didnt what the a/f should be or what you were doing...so when someone who does know what there doing asks to lean out the a/f for you, you should let him, this is his job after all
Old 11-26-2007, 07:27 PM
ECR5.0
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: howarmat

the a/f needs to be leaned.....it should hover around the red dash line...no offense but the tuner was correct and you yourself stated you didnt what the a/f should be or what you were doing...so when someone who does know what there doing asks to lean out the a/f for you, you should let him, this is his job after all
I agree with you on that one, but when he asks me and i said to him im looking to you for your professional opinion he said if it was his car and he blew the engine, it was an excuse to put pistons and rods in. So thats when i told him to leave it because i dont have the extra cash to put into the engine. I didnt want there to be a fine line between blowing the motor to try and gain extra horsepower or running it safe. I do agree that the top end could be leaned out a bit more but not much.
Old 11-26-2007, 07:39 PM
Dex
5th Gear Member

500 at 7lbs? you know thats not even possible if you know physics. How can you double the HP in a car with 7lbs of boost?
Old 11-26-2007, 08:06 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

I would almost say as low as you a/f is that you might be hurting something...i really would get it correct to around 12-12.5 to be safe but more efficent level

Quick Reply: Back from the Dyno, What do you think