Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Brenspeed vs BamaChips Review (auto trans)

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2007, 12:20 PM
ChiDiddy
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Brenspeed vs BamaChips Review (auto trans)

why is called the "race" tune? is ignition more advanced? shifts more aggressive? or what?
Old 11-26-2007, 12:25 PM
MexGT
5th Gear Member

a good name for a good tune lol !
Old 11-26-2007, 12:45 PM
acascianelli
5th Gear Member

Bamachips offers 3 tunes, Torque, Performance, Race.

Torque: Optimizes for low-end torque
Performance: Optimizes for high-end horsepower.
Race: Combines both the Torque and Performance tunes.

I switched over to my Bamachips tune after I installed my delete plates, before that I was running a canned Diablosport tune and my C&L Street.
Old 11-26-2007, 12:49 PM
ChiDiddy
4th Gear Member

yes, i understand that much already. but what i want to know is what within the tune itself distincts each apart? different events in timing? levels of a/f optimization, etc etc.
Old 11-26-2007, 12:50 PM
acascianelli
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ChiDiddy

yes, i understand that much already. but what i want to know is what within the tune itself distincts each apart? different events in timing? levels of a/f optimization, etc etc.
That I do not know, call him and ask.
Old 11-26-2007, 12:50 PM
Mudflap
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ChiDiddy

why is called the "race" tune? is ignition more advanced? shifts more aggressive? or what?
I wasn't able to come up with anything beyond user feedback for the various tune differences. If Bama is listening, having a better description about the differences between Performance, Torque and Race tunes on the website would be great!

What I determined in my research is that the torque tune is optimized for lots of torque low in the RPM range, but runs out of steam higher up. This sounds like it might be a fun tune for the street.

The performance tune seemed to be the most tame and I read more than one review of people not being all that impressed. I sort of likened this one to be perhaps the most conservative, an everymans tune sort of thing.

The race tune was described as having a linear powerband and much more top end, which I have discovered to be true. The car will still leave a patch from a dead stop when the throttle is nailed and will not gain traction until I release the gas pedal, so low end torque isnt an issue. My personal opinion of the race tune is it seems to have been written to optimize shifts to be smooth and quick, and also to deliver a very flat torque curve. This is just the butt dyno talking, but I am pretty certain the car is faster in a straight line, 0-100mph. I found the race tune to be very well rounded providing a nice driving experience overall. I am not sure why it is labelled as not being recommended for a daily driver.

Old 11-26-2007, 12:53 PM
Mudflap
5th Gear Member

I have no idea what the exact parameters of the tunes are. I don't believe this information is published (or even if they want to publish it for that matter). I'm sure if you wanted to know, they would tell you over the phone.
Old 11-26-2007, 03:21 PM
TNstang06
2nd Gear Member

I cant remember what tune I got... I think its performance or race but I cant remember but im almost posative its performance... and I love it....I guess its just the way I like it.
Old 11-26-2007, 04:04 PM
retfr8flyr
3rd Gear Member

I ran all 3 of Doug's tunes and liked them all. He sent me a beta version to try, I think based on the torque version but I’m not sure and I loved it. I ran this tune as my DD till I tore the car apart. Doug is the man when it comes to auto tunes.

Earl
Old 11-26-2007, 04:19 PM
Cjack2005

Not trying to be a butthead, but we have seen all this type of post before.(see brenspeed vs evolution)
The truth is the top tuners all make very capable tunes. Unless there is a drastic difference at the track with the same car/same day and different tunes these posts are all personal opinion based on feel.

So to me it is a much better post as.... installed Bama race tune and the car seems to be running great. I just dont see the need to show a sponsor of the website in a inferior position without any true data.

Hope I havent offended anyone by saying this. But I cant see any benefit of posts like this.

Quick Reply: Brenspeed vs BamaChips Review (auto trans)